True ricers

I saw a car that took the moulding off the front and rear bumpers and replaced it with bandoliers...like bullet bandoliers...

My g/f wouldn't let me take pics because she thought i'd get shot :(

• Sponsors (?)

A real good friend of mine drive a 96ish civic that is mostly primer. You would never know he was running around 23lbs of boost and putting down over 300hp to the wheels. The pisser is that he put that engine together for about the same I paid for my full exhaust (back when I had SLP LTs).
On the other hand you cant forget the wonderful domestic ricers. Just the other day I had a Grand Am with dual fart cans and a wing pull up next to me at Sonic. He demanded that I run him...I told him he wasnt worth the gas. He started to say something back but I just rolled up my window and went back to enjoying my burger.

The real pisser is that even the biggest POS ricer burners out there can easily slap a turbo kit on for less than we pay for h/c.. and crank the boost all the way up without worrying about their hypereutectic pistons and rods cracking. Then, they'll smoke every N/A 4.6 on the road, get 35mpg on the highway, and still be small enough to fit in to most overhead storage bins.

Gotta watch these rice burners.. don't let the bondo fool you.

sgarlic said:
The real pisser is that even the biggest POS ricer burners out there can easily slap a turbo kit on for less than we pay for h/c.. and crank the boost all the way up without worrying about their hypereutectic pistons and rods cracking. Then, they'll smoke every N/A 4.6 on the road, get 35mpg on the highway, and still be small enough to fit in to most overhead storage bins.

Gotta watch these rice burners.. don't let the bondo fool you.

Thats why you get 4.10's and some drag radials, and run them from a stop. You can put lengths on them right away and hope they dont catch up:nice:

WashburnGT said:
A real good friend of mine drive a 96ish civic that is mostly primer. You would never know he was running around 23lbs of boost and putting down over 300hp to the wheels. The pisser is that he put that engine together for about the same I paid for my full exhaust (back when I had SLP LTs).
On the other hand you cant forget the wonderful domestic ricers. Just the other day I had a Grand Am with dual fart cans and a wing pull up next to me at Sonic. He demanded that I run him...I told him he wasnt worth the gas. He started to say something back but I just rolled up my window and went back to enjoying my burger.

Did you just say 23 lbs of boost and only putting down over 300 HP? Any thread here starts out with, running 8 lbs what kind of tires do I need to harness this 500 HP... What a waste of money.

merc123 said:
I'm a ricer :( I have a ton of paint scraped off on my Cobra R bumper and the paint is cracked on several parts of it

Just head up north for the winter and do a couple snow plow jobs with that Cobra R bumper and you will have enough money to get it painted. :p

I talk to a guy with a few nice rice burners today. He was a Navy guy I believe or maybe an Army guy. But he had been into it for a while. He said he is stationed in Panama most of the time. He just bought a Skyline for drifting over there. He bought the rear wheel drive version. He only paid 13k I guess he knows someone. Someone already offered him 25k for it:eek: He also said he has a Honda Civic putting down 500 something Horse power to the wheels:hail2: Pushing 18lbs of boost. But his engine could handle 40lbs. of boost I guess:jaw: He said he also has a 65 Mustang Fastback that is in need of being restored:hail2: He was a really cool guy, we talked for a while.