Trunk Carpet / Lining

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
North Carolina
I currently have all the carpet and well panels out of my trunk. I hated them. They were all nasty and WAVY. Spare is also gone. Nothing back there but my beat-your-@$$ stick.

Can you guys give me some ideas on what to do to make it all look good? Should I just paint it? Put some Rhino lining in?

• Sponsors (?)

Justin, are you serious? You'd not have any carpet and stuff back there?

MTV would put a hot tub back there and call it the Opal Mullet. :D

Haha. I am serious. I do not have carpet back there. I wonder who originally got the idea to put carpet in trunks. I can see for sound deadening ... but thats it. It looks better than just metal, too I guess. But I think there has to be a cosmetically better approach. Besides, like I said ... my carpet is ruined. Partly my fault. I was hauling some heads and intakes around in it a while back ... and they slipped off the towels I had them on. Got the carpet even nastier. The stuff never even lined up in there right.

I am seriously thinking about doing some black Rhino lining.

Maybe a custom 15" woofer in the spare cubby? :D Talk about foaming the fuel.

it depends on what you want out of you trunk, rhyno liner would be good for hauling stuff. but if you want a sound system i would go with fiberglass if you know how or know someone who does.

Its funny you mention this because my trunk mat is also disgusting, and I got so sick of looking at it, that i removed it recently...OK I lied, I took it out to go to the track which never happened, and realized how gross it was. Im planning on cutting out a new piece of wood for the trunk floor and covering it with some nice nylon carpet that matches the rest of the trunk. If it gets dirty at some point, its nylon, I can hose it down if I really wanna!

truck bedliner spray would work well. i painted the underside of my hood w/ a $7 can from Advance and it turned out really nicely! gonna spray the engine bay w/ it, too.

either that, or maybe you can fab something out of wood panels to cover the entire and just be left w/ a nice cubicle-like area (then you can spray that w/ the bedliner spray).

Use angle iron and metal stock behind the OEM board to make it straight, and then recover it in something fresh like WD noted? Otherwise, it's going to take so long to do anything, unless you do straight panels down each side, with sub boxes or storage space behind the straight parts.