Trunk questions.

other_shoe

May 4, 2007
I'm trying to set my long term plan for the trunk in my 67 convertible. Right now, I only have the well liner between the trunk and the passenger compartment. I want to install a steel trunk divider with some dynomat, both for noise abatement and as a potential firebreak in the event of a rear-end collision. However, I'd also like to have a subwoofer. What do you all think are the best options and/or compromises?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm trying to set my long term plan for the trunk in my 67 convertible. Right now, I only have the well liner between the trunk and the passenger compartment. I want to install a steel trunk divider with some dynomat, both for noise abatement and as a potential firebreak in the event of a rear-end collision. However, I'd also like to have a subwoofer. What do you all think are the best options and/or compromises?
i think you may have to custom make it

You may have to put the divider behind the subwoofer, maybe from where the floor turns up to just behind the trunk lip. Putting a hole for the sub in the divider pretty much defeats the purpose if you are using it to separate the pass compartment from the gas tank. If the divider is just to stiffen up things, then the hole probably won't hurt.

You may have to put the divider behind the subwoofer, maybe from where the floor turns up to just behind the trunk lip. Putting a hole for the sub in the divider pretty much defeats the purpose if you are using it to separate the pass compartment from the gas tank. If the divider is just to stiffen up things, then the hole probably won't hurt.

Yeah, this is what I was wondering. It seems like I cannot really have the two functions in one. I'm likely to just go with the steel divider since I think the payoff from the subwoofer will be lower for my purposes, especially since it is a convertible.