Trunk releasing on it's own?

Discussion in '2010 - 2014 Specific Tech' started by Kyle G, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Kyle G

Kyle G New Member

Hey guys, I've got a rental 2013 V6 Convertible here on my vacation. I've had it for a day, no problems, now all the sudden the trunk has grown a mind of its own.

The trunk won't stay closed. The car will electrically release the latch the second I close it. Sometimes it will close for 3-4 seconds, i'll start walking away and it will pop itself open again. Other times it will stay shut, then pop open if I open or shut a door.

I checked under the trunk mat/cover for snags or loose wires and everything looks good. I feel like it's a short somewhere but I have no idea. I do a lot of work on other cars, just no experience with mustangs. Any ideas? I'd like to get back to my vacation. haha
  2. TheShabz

TheShabz Member

It being a rental, tie it down with some twine from the inside, make it aesthetically appealing, then get some of your money back from the rental company when you hand it back to them. I doubt its a quick fix, and I don't think you want to donate a free repair on top of paying for the car.
  3. gearheadboy

gearheadboy Mod Dude

I can't believe someone creates an account on StangNet to diagnose a rental car. Really?