Trying to add sound/power to my v6....help?

• Sponsors (?)

I unbolted my exhaust at the Y-pipe and popped in a K&N and I notice a big difference.
As for sound I get complimented all the time and its nice and loud. It doesnt backfire at all. Our cats are so restrictive they have enough backpressure to keep from screwing up your engine.
I dirt cheap also!
:cheers:

totalined06 said:
I unbolted my exhaust at the Y-pipe and popped in a K&N and I notice a big difference.
As for sound I get complimented all the time and its nice and loud. It doesnt backfire at all. Our cats are so restrictive they have enough backpressure to keep from screwing up your engine.
I dirt cheap also!
:cheers:

So you run straight pipes to just behind the doors? Get a video or a sound clip of that, I've always wondered what straight pipes sound like on a 6.

cjmrdc said:
So you run straight pipes to just behind the doors? Get a video or a sound clip of that, I've always wondered what straight pipes sound like on a 6.

I did it for a few miles...... after putting on full lenth headers, and a h-pipe with no cats, the exit was about 3 feet in front of the rear axle.....

The engine lost a lot of power, sounded like *****, was way too obnoxius, and could be heard for a 1/2 mile away.

Then I put on a maganaflow magnapac, it made it sound better, makes it sound like a V8 on takeoff, but in the end, there is a little power loss at low rpm's, but more power top end. Too straight through will make your engine not run right either. I'm having a lot of issues with my setup. The headers never included air pump hookups, and my mil eliminators are not working.... Plus the new exhaust rattles, the engine wants to die once in a while, and is still too loud. High performance exhausts suck on V6's :notnice: Learn from me, it does not work, you will be better off leaving the factory setup on. Do not put anything else on, ford never designed these engines right anyways. :bang: