Trying to figure out this exhaust

nyyankee

Jun 8, 2003
New York
I have the Mac high flow cat system with Flowmaster cat back system on my 93 Mustang. The beauty of the Mac system is you can unbolt the cat H-pipe and put in an offroad H-pipe right? My system has 2 hangers welded to the Cat part of the system. Mac Tech' told me that is the old system. The hangers are on the long tubes now connected to the stock headers. I just want to be able to swap out the Cats to the off road when I have to take a sniff test. I think I have to buy a whole new Off road system to get the hangers in the right place. Any Help?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I am not sure I understand your question. Either h-pipe should have the hangers. You should be able to swap them out easily. I wouldn't buy a new exhaust system for this. You don't need to use the hangers. Just remove the bracket under the transmission that the hangers go in. I took the hanger bracket out because I couldn't get the x-pipe in with the scattershield I am using.

My current Mac High flow cat kit has the hooks on the Catted small H-pipe section. The newest Off road sysstem has the hooks on the long tube part of the system. I heard they dont even line up. I hope not. All I want to do is be able to swap out the Catted part of the H and the uncatted part of the H with just a couple of nuts and bolts. I think that is the way Mac designed it. Will the hooks line up? and will I be able to get under the car and swap out easy without loosening up everything else so it can fit?

And I have to buy the new offroad system because when I take out the Catted H they have the hangers and when I put the uncatted H back in then there is no hangers.

I am not sure I understand your question. Either h-pipe should have the hangers. You should be able to swap them out easily. I wouldn't buy a new exhaust system for this. You don't need to use the hangers. Just remove the bracket under the transmission that the hangers go in. I took the hanger bracket out because I couldn't get the x-pipe in with the scattershield I am using.

And I have to buy the new offroad system because when I take out the Catted H they have the hangers and when I put the uncatted H back in then there is no hangers.

Could go get a picture of the two exhausts and post them so we can see the difference? You can just cut the hangers off the pipe that doesn't fit if you want. Or, as I said before, remove the hanger bracket. I would just remove the bracket so everything can be put back if necessary.