Trying to find a part for 1993 Hatchback lock acuator

Flash1966

Founding Member
Aug 24, 2001
Orlando, Florida
So, my car got stolen about a month ago. I got it back from the shop about 2 weeks ago, but one part wasn't finished. He couldn't find one tiny little plastic piece that would complete the assembly of the lock on the hatch. There is a metal extension off the lock tumbler, this metal extension fits into the plastic piece I am missing which then turns to pop the lock.

I need this piece and will do (almost) anything for it. Right now anyone can pop my hatch with nothing but a screwdriver. If anyone can point me to a site that sells it, or even tell me what the piece is actually called, or if someone has one they would be willing to sell me, PLEASE post or PM me!

Here is my (currently piece-less) lock assembly:
img_4215.jpg

Here I've highlighted where it goes:
img_4215b.jpg

This is the lock assembly off a 1991 hatchback, with the plastic piece in place:
img_4220.jpg

img_4220b.jpg

Needless to say, the one off the 1991 will not work. Apparently, the only part that will fit is specifically off a 1993 Mustang.

Thanks in advance. :nice:

Attachments

• img_4215.jpg
    img_4215.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 92
  • img_4220.jpg
    img_4220.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 81
  • img_4220b.jpg
    img_4220b.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Sponsors (?)

I did check there, and couldn't seem to find what I was looking for. I wouldn't know what it would be called if they sold it seperately, but I also didn't see that specific piece included with either the entire latch assembly or the lock/key set. Thanks though.

i would try 50resto or mustangsunlimited.com. if you can't get anything there you might try a local junkyard. but i get most of my stuff from 50resto and there has yet to be something i've needed that they haven't had. good luck!:nice: