Trying to Get Keyless Working

I searched and didn't find the answer to this so if it is a repeat I'm sorry. I have a 95 GT. The dome light comes on when you pull up on the door handle when the door is locked so I assume it has keyless. Of course, I have no remote. Can I just get one from Ebay or Ford and program it and it work or do I have to do something special?
Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

First off, this being your first post its always appreciated to introduce yourself and your car.

second, we love pics....

thirdly, look in your trunk to see if you have the reciever. Its on the driver's side behind the plastic wall stuff. right behind the taillight. and if i remember correctly, it is in the corner and it says remote somewhere on it. If you do, call up a ford dealer and see if they can program it for you. If you don't have a module, then i think your pretty much SOL. then if you still want keyless, get an aftermarket alarm, most are tons better than stock anyway.

ProKiller said:
First off, this being your first post its always appreciated to introduce yourself and your car.

second, we love pics....

thirdly, look in your trunk to see if you have the reciever. Its on the driver's side behind the plastic wall stuff. right behind the taillight. and if i remember correctly, it is in the corner and it says remote somewhere on it. If you do, call up a ford dealer and see if they can program it for you. If you don't have a module, then i think your pretty much SOL. then if you still want keyless, get an aftermarket alarm, most are tons better than stock anyway.

Oh yeah, sorry. I have a tournaline green 95 GT auto with leather. I bought it a couple of months ago from a member in NC. It has 125K on it and runs great. It just needs a little TLC to be about perfect. We live in central WV and I work for the phone company. This is my 1st SN95 but my 4th Mustang.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll look for the reciever today.

I am still having issues with the keyless. I bought a fob from Ebay and can't get it working. I have tried to get the car into program mode as I have seen described on this board (turn ignition on and off like 8 times within 10 secs and the doors are supposed to lock and unlock or something like that), and I have also tried the instructions that came with the remote as follows:

Get in the vehicle. Close and lock all doors utilizing the driver's
power-door lock/unlock switch. Insert and remove the ignition key more
than six times within a 10-second period (at a rate of one
insertion/removal cycle per second). Don't rush the process, and be
sure the key is completely withdrawn from the ignition-key cylinder
each time it's removed. Turn the ignition to the ACC position and
press any button on the remote one time. The hazard lights should
flash twice, letting you know your mission is a success. If you were
going to program more than one remote, you'd simply unlock and lock
the doors once again with the driver's switch and press the one
button, one time, on the second remote. The procedure is completed by
turning the ignition off, unlocking with the driver's switch, and
opening the driver's door.

Still no good. Anyone have any ideas? I have noticed that the door bonger sometimes doesn't work and you can wiggle the key and it will work. Thanks in advance.

Black_ponies,

I am assuming that you do have the receiver located in the trunk on the drivers side. The procedure that you listed only works on certain models (mainly newer), but not sure on those years. You will need to go into the trunk and remove the trim panel on the drivers side. You should then see the bracket that holds the receiver. The receiver is mounted on the backside of the bracket facing the qtr. panel. Looking at the black bracket, you should see a grey 2 prong connector that is on the lower right of the bracket. It kinda resembles a typical speaker connector. There will be nothing plugged into this plug and the 2 prongs will be visible. Roll down the windows in your car as not to lock the keys in it for the next procedure. With the trunk open, go turn the key to the run position (without cranking, and make sure stereo is off) and then get out, shut the door and go back to the trunk. You will need a small screwdriver for this next step. Now you need to take the screwdriver and touch both prongs (tripping the receiver) on the grey connector. You should here the door locks cycle (locks wil go up or down). Right after you here the locks cycle, hold down the lock button on your key fob. I would hold it for a couple of seconds just to make sure that the receiver gets the signal. Finally, go turn the key to the off position. Then try you key fob. It should work. In short key on, trip grey connector in trunk (you don't have to leave the screwdriver touching it, once you here the locks cycle, you can remove the screwdriver), hold lock button on fob, then turn key to off position. Sorry, this is long, I just hope it works for you. Worked for my Cobra fine. I will check back later to see how things went. Good luck.

Just so you know, the lights turning on when you lift the door handle does NOT mean that you have keyless entry. My car does that, and I don't have keyless entry. The previous (single owner car) owner added a car alarm to get remote keyless entry.

Just thought you might want to know. Look for that box in your trunk.

OK, woudl this also work on a 1996 Mustang GT. Now is the BOX HIDDEN? I mean I taken the carpet off and everything..

trunk1.jpg

trunk2.jpg

Keyless entry 1994 Gt Conv.

I'm trying to find the RKE Module program connector on my 94 gt conv. The receiver is not in the trunk as noted on many of the results I've reviewed. I've had the receiver in my hand and its located above the fuse panel under the dash. And in case anyone questions It is a factory unit. I've got a new remote and am trying to find the program connector. Has anyone else had this issue and if so where was the connector and if you can tell me the wire colors on the connector i8t would be a great help..........Tks, Badcreek

I'm trying to find the RKE Module program connector on my 94 gt conv. The receiver is not in the trunk as noted on many of the results I've reviewed. I've had the receiver in my hand and its located above the fuse panel under the dash. And in case anyone questions It is a factory unit. I've got a new remote and am trying to find the program connector. Has anyone else had this issue and if so where was the connector and if you can tell me the wire colors on the connector i8t would be a great help..........Tks, Badcreek

the remote key entry module is located behind this black plastic piece in the trunk in picture below and to reset/set key fobs do as boss30205 quoted below.
Black_ponies,

I am assuming that you do have the receiver located in the trunk on the drivers side. The procedure that you listed only works on certain models (mainly newer), but not sure on those years. You will need to go into the trunk and remove the trim panel on the drivers side. You should then see the bracket that holds the receiver. The receiver is mounted on the backside of the bracket facing the qtr. panel. Looking at the black bracket, you should see a grey 2 prong connector that is on the lower right of the bracket. It kinda resembles a typical speaker connector. There will be nothing plugged into this plug and the 2 prongs will be visible. Roll down the windows in your car as not to lock the keys in it for the next procedure. With the trunk open, go turn the key to the run position (without cranking, and make sure stereo is off) and then get out, shut the door and go back to the trunk. You will need a small screwdriver for this next step. Now you need to take the screwdriver and touch both prongs (tripping the receiver) on the grey connector. You should here the door locks cycle (locks wil go up or down). Right after you here the locks cycle, hold down the lock button on your key fob. I would hold it for a couple of seconds just to make sure that the receiver gets the signal. Finally, go turn the key to the off position. Then try you key fob. It should work. In short key on, trip grey connector in trunk (you don't have to leave the screwdriver touching it, once you here the locks cycle, you can remove the screwdriver), hold lock button on fob, then turn key to off position. Sorry, this is long, I just hope it works for you. Worked for my Cobra fine. I will check back later to see how things went. Good luck.

trunklk.jpg

Attachments

• trunklk.jpg
    trunklk.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,085