trying to make my own seat delete, HELP!

So i've been looking into buying a rear seat delete for the car, but i started thinking, why spend $140 + Shipping, when i can make it. Anybody know where i can find something? I'm looking at designing and making this within the next few days (weeks) if i can get a diagram, or somehow figure it out on my own, i'll be looking into it tomorrow, but if anybody has anything, or know where i can get some info, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know ASAP, post here, PM me, call me (757-577-2839) or send me an e-mail... [email protected]
Let me know whatcha got!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

k, hold on, i'll post my rear seat delete, and hope you guys can understand how it goes...The Green GT, sorry I didn't reply to your PM, just read it now

Anyway, we simply took out the rear seats, and the metal framework around it...then, we used a cardboard stencil, drew out a perfect match, then cut to 3/4 inch mdf material. Here's how it looks:

HPIM2437.jpg

a little more technical

SubsDeleteandBracelabelled.jpg

EDIT: Funny for me to get in on a RSD thread....here's another very technically labelled picture of my cat getting railed

View attachment 470576

Attachments

• HPIM2437.jpg
    HPIM2437.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 57
  • SubsDeleteandBracelabelled.jpg
    SubsDeleteandBracelabelled.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 57
I'm sure y'all will think i'm a dumbass, but wtf is MDF? I saved your very highly detailed seatdelete to my laptop, so i'll have it on hand, just in case i forget everything... thanks, I think i'll make a carboard cutout and see what i can come up with...

blksn955.o said:
what is the floor bar for? do you have a cage or what?

No cage, I was sucked into buying this thing while wasting paychecks in afghanistan last year....found it on ebay, and figured "hey, one more brace across my car couldn't hurt it"

It connects from B-pillar to B-pillar, and I'm not quite sure if i've EVER felt any improvements over stock...probably not, since I hardly ever push my car to an extent where I'd need it

It's shiny....shiny is fun.

93GTWannabe - glad you saved my detailed sketch....but you didn't save the one of my cat getting raped, did you? If you did, that's kind of freaky...:rolleyes:

xr8d302 said:
No cage, I was sucked into buying this thing while wasting paychecks in afghanistan last year....found it on ebay, and figured "hey, one more brace across my car couldn't hurt it"

It connects from B-pillar to B-pillar, and I'm not quite sure if i've EVER felt any improvements over stock...probably not, since I hardly ever push my car to an extent where I'd need it

It's shiny....shiny is fun.

93GTWannabe - glad you saved my detailed sketch....but you didn't save the one of my cat getting raped, did you? If you did, that's kind of freaky...:rolleyes:

No, as detailed as it was, i decided NOT to save the cat sketch, it however it tastefully done.:bang: