Trying to pick a cam

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok mr. ford cam grinder or cam master key board warrior

man you got me, im just an internet tough guy, ive never even owned a mustang, and especially never made 480rwhp with an e-cam, and said e-cam combo DEFINITLY didnt run well, bucked at low speeds, have a smooth power curve or run like a raped ape. there is also definitly no way that you can make over 1000rwhp with an f-cam on a 302...nobody on turbomustangs.com has ever done that

when did you run an E-cam that had idle and low speed bucking issues? cause i guarantee it wasnt the cam... ever heard of operator error

FWIW i also crew on a race team, for a modified tour car, and working on a race car is no comparison to street cars, and anyone can spout off that they work on a race car... lots of people do

• Sponsors (?)

Meh.. My last stang came with a b303 in it and it ran great. This time around, I have a comp 284hr going in. Could I get a couple more hp with a custom cam? Maybe. Is this the last time I'm going to change my motor combo? Definitely not. I think I'll be sticking with off the shelf cams until I'm sure there will be no more motor changes.

well said.:nice:

im going with a tfs 1 cam.
i know down the road ill be swapping stuff out so for the time being im sure it will be just fine.

well i was looking more for any info on the cams i put up and know one said any thing about piston to valve clearence with either cam and mike from thumper said the F-Cam would be great. Also i am probalby going to go to either 3.73s of 4.11s to help make up for lost low end power. And i really dont have the money to get a custom cam and i kind of want to keep it cheap with this car because i know one day i am going to sell it and upgrade to my dream of a 04 COBRA son. So does any one else have any info on any of this. Plus i really want a nasty cam sound at idle and the stock cam aint cutting it lol. thanks guys

well i was looking more for any info on the cams i put up and know one said any thing about piston to valve clearence with either cam and mike from thumper said the F-Cam would be great. Also i am probalby going to go to either 3.73s of 4.11s to help make up for lost low end power. And i really dont have the money to get a custom cam and i kind of want to keep it cheap with this car because i know one day i am going to sell it and upgrade to my dream of a 04 COBRA son. So does any one else have any info on any of this. Plus i really want a nasty cam sound at idle and the stock cam aint cutting it lol. thanks guys

My b303 had a pretty thumpy idle..

Stay on topic guys and don't let this turn into a flame war. The E303, while not the worlds greatest cam, is still used by a lot of guys in their combos. So just because someone doesn't feel it's a great choice shouldn't mean everyone should abide by their beliefs and run high dollar custom grinds. There are plenty of younger guys here just cutting their teeth on 5.0's and swapping in an E-cam, Cobra intake and Gt-40's is a basic starting point for most.

But anyway, state facts and don't turn this into a flamefest based on nothing or i'll lock it down.

man you got me, im just an internet tough guy, ive never even owned a mustang, and especially never made 480rwhp with an e-cam, and said e-cam combo DEFINITLY didnt run well, bucked at low speeds, have a smooth power curve or run like a raped ape. there is also definitly no way that you can make over 1000rwhp with an f-cam on a 302...nobody on turbomustangs.com has ever done that

when did you run an E-cam that had idle and low speed bucking issues? cause i guarantee it wasnt the cam... ever heard of operator error

FWIW i also crew on a race team, for a modified tour car, and working on a race car is no comparison to street cars, and anyone can spout off that they work on a race car... lots of people do

do you want to really want get this cranked up? because your trying to attack someone you dont even know the first thing about

when did i run the e-cam.well right now just pulled an engine w/ it and to say it doesnt have some form of low speed drama is just crazy

you say you work on a race team..................big deal man cause you act like your some holyer than thou wrench, spare me your unconfirmed statements and attacks

and wtf did i say about the f-cam? we can talk about what others have done all day:Zip2:

Status
Not open for further replies.