Tsbs After Warranty Expired?

hillie16

Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Does Ford still perform TSB repairs after the warranty is out? I have he rattling inspection cover on the bellhousing. I tried to fix it with some foam tape between the cover and bell housing, which bowed the top in and it started scraping against the flywheel. On top of the fact that it still rattles some.....

• Sponsors (?)

Damn...looks like I'm gonna have to drop the tranny myself. Warranty was out shortly after I bought the car and didn't have the problem then. Guess that's a drawback to having a low mileage car.

Yup, I just turned over 21,000. FordCustSrvc Is there a price available for the new plate described in the TSB, and is it a part that can be ordered?

TSB
09-18-16
  • 4.6L MANUAL TRANSMISSION - SEPARATOR PLATE BUZZ - BUILT BEFORE 4/5/2009
Publication Date: September 9, 2009

FORD: 2005-2010 Mustang
This article supersedes TSB 8-2-10 to update the production fix date, vehicle model years and part list.
ISSUE:

Some 2005-2010 Mustang vehicles built before 4/5/2009 and equipped with a 4.6L engine and manual transmission, may exhibit an oil-canning or exhaust rattle/buzz around 2000 - 2500 RPM during the first few minutes of driving after a cold start. The sound goes away after the car warms up. The concern may be caused by the separator plate, between the rear face of the engine block and the transmission housing, vibrating and/or contacting the flywheel.
ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
SERVICE PROCEDURE

1. Remove transmission per Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 308-03B.
  2. Pry separator plate from the rear face of the block alignment dowels and slide it out from between block and flywheel. Replace with new service part.
  3. Install transmission per WSM, Section 308-03B.

NOTE: INSTALL NEW SEPARATOR PLATE TO TRANSMISSION BOLTS IF MISSING OR DAMAGED. (FIGURE 1)

09-18-16f1.gif

Figure 1 - Article 09-18-16

PART NUMBERPART NAME
8R3Z-7007-B Separator Plate
W500231-S439 Bolt
WARRANTY STATUS:

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
OPERATIONDESCRIPTIONTIME
091816A 2005-2010 Mustang: Replace The Separator Plate, Includes Time To Remove And Install Transmission (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 2.8 Hrs.
DEALER CODING

BASIC PART NO.CONDITION CODE
6A373 07