Tubular Control Arms Help (pic)

Dec 5, 2006
I was greasing up my control arms and used quite a bit of grease, i was expecting grease to start coming out the sides and be good to go, so i took out the bushings and there was grease in there but also a rather large hole going into the tubular part and suspect grease made it way down this hole .

Anyone replace there bushings and noticed this at all.

8byn2w

• Sponsors (?)

Usually that is not there from the 100's of sets I've installes....what brand arm is that?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Rick , the part # on the box is 2155A63 , so far i,v taken all bushings out and they all have this hole in them , i could use a full tube of grease and all it would be doing is filling is the whole control arm. Any suggestions on what to do? Maybe some JB weld to fill the hole or perhaps some tape.

You could jb weld or epoxy it shut....maybe stuff a small piece of cotton ball in the hole then epoxy over top of it might take a few light coats to get it all...

That's a American Muscle branded control arm BTW.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Man, those little chinese kids didn't spend much time dressing those things up.

Werd... Those things could definitely use a few dinners and some steroids before they'd ever see any service on something I'd feel safe driving.

I would be looking into another set of control arms.

No stabilizing plates welded in to help support some thin-wall steel for spring perches... Juss' Sayin'.

MMRLCA-1_LG[1].jpg