Tubular K-Members

Nov 29, 2004
I purchased a PA Racing Tubular K-Member and Tubular A-Arms with spring perches, and installed it myself, when I was finished the alignment was WAY off. I took it to an alignment shop and it was so far out of adjustment that they couldnt get the aligment completely correct. The camber is still of (can be fixed with caster camber plates). The worrisome part and my question is the toe is way off also, which I'm not sure how to correct. Right now the tie-rod ends are screwed all the way in and the wheels still need to go in. The new problem I now have is that the tire at full lock hits the front sway bar, (this is with factory 245/45 tires). Is there a way to fix this problem?

• Sponsors (?)

When you installed them, did you locate oem K and locate new tube K to that?

Tubu k is not really a drop in item. First u have to locate where OEM k menber is. then use the measurement from that locate New K member in to place so that it is located where it needs to be. If u just umbolt OEM K and bolt new one up, it'll be all screwed up.

In MM web site, they have write up on step by step how to install their tubuler K menber. Hopefuly thats what you did
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/

Ok definitly messed that install up, if i take the tubular off and reinstall the factory k will it be correct again? If so at that point I could follow the MM instructions and do it right and hopefully it will be corrected.

Performance Red said:
Ok definitly messed that install up, if i take the tubular off and reinstall the factory k will it be correct again? If so at that point I could follow the MM instructions and do it right and hopefully it will be corrected.

Well, its prolly not going to be perfect - thanks to ford super tight tolorance. But it'll be close. I had K-menber off of my car several times, and only needed to do aligment once.