Tune complete and Dyno results inside...

GT_Rich

Dec 11, 2005
North Canton, OH
Hey guys - combo is in my sig. I had a tune done Thursday night - the difference is incredible. No more surging idle, no more rough cold starts - driveability increased 10x. If anyone is on the fence about a tune, I'd recommend it.

If you're in Northeast Ohio I'd also recommend Akron Horsepower. These guys really care about customer cars. I had never been there before and my car (which was really a simple n/a tune) was on the dyno for 5 hours! A LOT of time was spent in the 1-2k rpm range to dial in driveability and throttle response.

pic.php

The biggest SOTP difference is between 2500-4500 RPM. The two sets of curves are my baseline dyno pull vs. the final tune.

FWIW - I also wanted to say that the tuner saw my torque curve and immediately said, "b-cam, right?" He then went on to tell me that the B-cam and F-cam were his two favorite cams to work with on street cars. I thought that was funny since there are so many b-cam haters on this board.

• Sponsors (?)

did u go in with a surging idle?did u ever try to fix the idle before the tune?im one of theose guys on the fence about a tune,not interested in more hp just finally fealing confident enuff to put thing back on the road. phil

Excellent and typical results from a decent tune shop IMO...B cam is nice when matched with the right parts without doubt and you have a NICE ride for sure. My biggest problem with the B is it's late peak and early drop off...I run an XE comp cam and as you can see from my sig the XE cams though not making much more torque....have a Broader range as would a custom cam...makes the street a little more fun with a lower RPM powerband IMO.

the pony boy - i went in with a bad surging idle that I had tried to trouble shoot. I went through the entire checklist on this site with no luck. For some reason, my air/fuel was a bunch of peaks and valleys between ratios of 10 and 16 down low. The tune worked out all of that.
ryan218 - I payed 550. That included 5 hrs on a dyno, a new chip, and of course the tuners knowledge.
DMAN - thanks for the comments. I'm still having plenty of fun on the street though :)

the pony boy - i went in with a bad surging idle that I had tried to trouble shoot. I went through the entire checklist on this site with no luck. For some reason, my air/fuel was a bunch of peaks and valleys between ratios of 10 and 16 down low. The tune worked out all of that.
ryan218 - I payed 550. That included 5 hrs on a dyno, a new chip, and of course the tuners knowledge.
DMAN - thanks for the comments. I'm still having plenty of fun on the street though :)

thats not to bad....all i want is 3 dyno pulls for a base line before i start modding...of course...that may take a while...i think i can get in and out for under 100...