Tuned by the best!

I would have stayed the nite at least and then drove back the next day but that's just me :)

Good to hear you had a great trip :) and I think I know who tim is referring to about the 600rwhp car that crashed

• Sponsors (?)

Hmm, I believe Tim said it was a turbo car....maybe I missunderstood. ANYWAYS my point is that 600RWHP is just to dangerous for my blood...I dont want to kill myself lol.

Tim said that he could instal the KB the same day i brought it in. With TTs I would have to stay up there 3-4 days. then about 8K for the TTs installed, and all my time up there, im looking at a good 10K after everything. With the KB the whole thing would be around 7K. And I can still hit my 500RWHP goal. Ill try anyways, these cams will probably go lol...and when they do, ill instal them into some MPH stg 2.5 heads. That will be after the built MPH or VT stroker short block....heck im thinking about going with a 324 BB/stroker engine. Its all about the torque....then IF I WANTED....I could spray a 100 wetshot on that and well...say hello to low 10s/high 9s.

hotmustang331 said:
Well he was telling me that he PERSONALLY like the KBs the best...he said the TTs are wicked but they are very hard to control and the car just squats all the way down the track and is more difficult to control (1000hp one). He was also saying that he loved the Kbs because it feels like your driving around a 500CID BB car and not a 4.6 lol, and when you crack the throttle you instantly have 400RWTQ at your disposal. The power comes on instantly but is easy to control as it stays about the same pull all the way through the RPM range, the turbos just keep pulling and you really cant get used to the power.

Basically this guy has driven EVERY setup imaginable and he says that the KBs provide the most fun and he would rather drive one of those. Ill take the mans advice, he knows what he is talking about....and NOW all i want is 500RWHP. The 1.7 will provide that and I can get full boost anytime I want it W/O waiting for spoolup and then a sudden surge of power a few seconds later...it comes in instantly so i know how and when to react to it..= easier/safer to control.

And the other thing that turned me away from my 600RWHP goal is that he said generally you will spend around 30 thousand dollars by the time you build the motor, by the FI, buy new tranny, build rearend, setup full new suspension, weld torque boxes, strengthen the chasis, get full roll cage, get all the gauges ect... Those are the other reasons lol.

It was interesting to find out after going to the MPH website and searching through his cars tunes and rwhp numbers, that out of 117 posts there were only 2 KB cars......

3 or 4 days? You better plan on 3 or 4 months. You can't do anything in 3 or 4 days. :lol: :lol: Anyway, 500 rwhp is more than enough for a street only car. More than that is just wasted unless you plan to put slicks on it and take it to the track. Then, you're going to need all the other things such as fuel system, suspension, roll bar or cage, rear-end, axles, tranny, etc, etc.

o3redfire said:
It was interesting to find out after going to the MPH website and searching through his cars tunes and rwhp numbers, that out of 117 posts there were only 2 KB cars......
We have built and tuned around 20-30 KB cars.I like the KB as a power adder over any other cars we build.

Hey Jim...when i was talking about the 3-4 day thing with the TTs...I was reffering to it going on a stock motor...not a forged one lol. Then it would take some time im sure. But yea guys, you heard it from the man himself and from Jim here....KB is where its at.

Im still waiting on a dyno graph for you guys, but Tim hasnt sent it to me yet. If you want, go hound him on the post I made over at MPH lol if you want the graph. http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22427

cobra killer said:
We have built and tuned around 20-30 KB cars.I like the KB as a power adder over any other cars we build.

Killer, I'm taking your statement to mean you prefer KB's but not that you're saying they're superior.

This makes me think of Dave GI Joe's comments (below in blue) when someone asked him about the differences between his Centri setup and the KB, both 600+ rwhp....

"At the track the K/B is very strong out of the hole (not that the other set-up was slouch)..but this is much stronger...almost violent...Its like sitting at a traffic light and getting hit in the rear by a big truck. It pulls very strong to the 1/8 mile mark and then the "feeling" is flat...by that I mean like driving a 5 speed in 4th gear and lifting your foot a bit until the car runs at a consistant speed and pulls at a consistent pull. Make sense? With the Novi it leaves hard but not as hard.....BUT at the 1/8 mile that thing is pulling so hard that I wouold laugh sometimes at how hard it was to get my hand on the shifter in 3rd to get it to shift to 4th. At the 1/8 mile mark the thing was pulling so hard it reminded me of a big block torino or chevelle...The front of the car is up and she's pulling to the moon.....I definitely noticed the flat feeling at mid track with the K/B...it was noticable...again not that it was a slouch there either, but that the very hard [increasing] pulling feeling was not there...I can see that as the perfect spot for a shot of NOS :). which one is best? Hard to say! "

jimfitzgerald said:
If I was starting over, I would go with a KB.

Why is that?

I think the reason Dave said it felt flat was because it was so quick in the 1/8 mile. He ran a 10.0 1/4 mile in his heavy car. Also, you can save the expense of a Bullitt or Reichard Racing intake. Belt changes are easier and less problematic. And besides that, they look cool.

Well here is the deal...the KB is infact pulling just as hear or harder then the centri at or past the 1/8...but there is no "increase" and you get used to the pull. The KB will pull like the centris peak...but ALL the time lol. You just get used to it and it feels flat due to the flat torque curve.

hotmustang331 said:
Well here is the deal...the KB is infact pulling just as hear or harder then the centri at or past the 1/8...but there is no "increase" and you get used to the pull. The KB will pull like the centris peak...but ALL the time lol. You just get used to it and it feels flat due to the flat torque curve.

I think if this was the case GI Joe would have stated it that way :) . He's speaking from plenty of actual experience with both types of setups, which is not something most of us can do.

Blown00GTAuto said:
I think if this was the case GI Joe would have stated it that way :) . He's speaking from plenty of actual experience with both types of setups, which is not something most of us can do.

True and I get your point. But im basing on what tim told me about the car feeling like it pulled the same just after the launch and that you got used to the power, and the fact that a 600RWHP KB car will trap as high or higher than a centri @ 600RWHP. In most cases the KB seems to trap higher...and every conversion Tim has done has netted in a better ET...even when down about 70RWHP. So far noone has regretted going with the 2.2. SO it would have to have the same pull if it traps higher...you feel torque and the KB makes more of it. Anyways I think im sticking with the 1.7....ill try and have the most powerful 1.7L KB 2V in America...that has a nice ring to it. :D