Tuner and Exhaust?

Hey all, right now I have an 07 GT 5 speed with just a flowmaster after cat. I'm not looking to do anything too radical for awhile since its my daily driver but I wanted a little more sound and a little more go. How much of a performance gain could I expect to get out of a tuner and what brand of x pipe would best be suited for my car. Do headers also wake these cars up or not really worth the money? Thanks for all the help!!

• Sponsors (?)

Get yourself a CIA and tune. I ordered the Brenspeed and the Tuneable Induction CIA. After reading a write on 5.0 mustang, I am glad I got that one.

I hear that this combo really can wake your stang up.

I can tell you that my 06 auto bone stock ran 14.1 @ 98mph. I since added a JLT cold air kit with a SCT X3 with an Evolution Performance tune and a Bassani catted X pipe and ran a 13.39 at over 104 mph. Car sounds great and runs like it's off the showroom floor. I would recommend getting the above in a second. Good luck

I can tell you that my 06 auto bone stock ran 14.1 @ 98mph. I since added a JLT cold air kit with a SCT X3 with an Evolution Performance tune and a Bassani catted X pipe and ran a 13.39 at over 104 mph. Car sounds great and runs like it's off the showroom floor. I would recommend getting the above in a second. Good luck

Did your bassani Xpipe reache your axle back since its not a catback?

Get a Xcal2 with a 93 octane performance tune with C&L CAI with a 88mm maf tube from VMPTuning.com. It's an awesome set-up. I made 290 rwhp and 302 rwtq on that set-up with my heavy 20s. Tuner + CAIs wake these cars up. Do equal length BBKs or Long Tubes. Removing the cats is good for 2-4 rwhp. However just an axleback exhaust kit won't get you any power. These cars flow pretty well from the factory.

thanks for the help guys, maybe I'll scratch the exhaust idea and just get a cold air kit and a tuner. What would be a good tune to get with my 5 speed and who writes them the best? Thanks!

Depends on who you talk to IMO.

I went with Brenspeed because they had good reviews on multiple forums I watch, and they had the package I wanted.

I wanted the Tuneable induction package after reading the CAI shootout in 5.0 mag.

thanks for the help guys, maybe I'll scratch the exhaust idea and just get a cold air kit and a tuner. What would be a good tune to get with my 5 speed and who writes them the best? Thanks!

I put down 290 rwhp and 302 rwtq on heavy 20s with just a VMP 93 octane tune and C&L intake with 88mm maf tube. It's the best combination I've ever seen. I'd give Justin a call. www.VMPTuning.com :nice::nice: