Tuners?

roy1616

Apr 12, 2008
Pa
I am looking at getting a Predator tuner for my car and was wondering what peoples thoughts were about these tuners or any tuners you have used. What kind of HP gains were there? and was there a difference in MPG as some of the companies claim? I have heard this is a good upgrade and am just wondering what people think.:)

• Sponsors (?)

I did a predator tune on my car, and I think eventually it woke it up a little. At first I didn't feel any difference, but now I can tell the shifts are firmer, and the 2-3 shift takes forever under hard throttle, like hanging on until about 4000 rpm. When it finally shifts, the car lunges forward. It actually plants me back in the seat a little. The fuel economy didn't go down or up as far as I can tell. I can tell you that even though it says requires 93 octane gas after the tune, that's BS. I fill with 89 and it runs just fine, no knocking or anything. Is it worth the $200 I spent on ebay? Ehh.. maybe, I guess.

I did a predator tune on my car, and I think eventually it woke it up a little. At first I didn't feel any difference, but now I can tell the shifts are firmer, and the 2-3 shift takes forever under hard throttle, like hanging on until about 4000 rpm. When it finally shifts, the car lunges forward. It actually plants me back in the seat a little. The fuel economy didn't go down or up as far as I can tell. I can tell you that even though it says requires 93 octane gas after the tune, that's BS. I fill with 89 and it runs just fine, no knocking or anything. Is it worth the $200 I spent on ebay? Ehh.. maybe, I guess.

On a stock mustang save exhaust your not going to notice much change except for the tranny shifts. I wouldn't invest in one unless you do a gear swap or some significant mods...