Engine Tunes

Discussion in '2010 - 2014 Specific Tech' started by Mustang Bob, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Mustang Bob

Mustang Bob New Member

2013 5.0 premium with 6sp auto,brembo brake pkg, 255/40/19. 3.15 rear gears. Flowmaster series 40 Axleback 13,000 miles. Took her out to the local track @ about 10,000 miles. Ran 13.4 @107. change the exhaust to the flowmasters, next time ran 13.01 @109.
    I am not planning on any more upgrades until warranty is out. So I am doing research on what I should do next.
    would like recommendations on cold air intake, tunes.and maybe new rear gears.
    Do not mean this as an insult but.... I am not a motorhead, so I need advice please
  2. beviking

beviking Member

I feel like a broken record haha but I went with Steeda CAI and their tune. Unbelievable to me (I'm not a motor head either but can turn a wrench) the difference in the car! Response was more crisp than my roush tuned 575 supercharger. Can't wait for warranty to be out and get a different tune!
    Gears? I had wanted 3.55's but ended up with 3.73's. Some complain first is too short and worthless but I use 2nd for most take offs anyway on a daily drive. 2nd will put you over 60mph so unless you're planning on a lot of racing over 65, you'll only make one shift anyway. Wish I could compare the two rears. You could always ask around, car clubs, dealers to see if you could try the two out.
  3. madspeed

madspeed Colonel Mustard Mod Dude Founding Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    NEED MOAR GEAR
    Mustang Bob likes this.
  4. Mustang Bob

Mustang Bob New Member

Is that a brand name or just "fat fingers"?
  5. madspeed

madspeed Colonel Mustard Mod Dude Founding Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Interwebz terminology for MORE
  6. Decipha

Decipha Member

that sucks, one of our guys ran a 12.6 bone stock with less than 100 miles on his back in 2011

what kinda 60' and 1/8th did u put down?
  7. Sharad

Sharad ALWAYS choose the V over the P!!! Wait... what? Site Sponsor

Showcase:
    I'm not allowed to mention my employer in posts like these, but I can say that I added a 93 octane tune to my 2011 5.0 and it added a noticeable about of power! I ran 12.20 @ 116 on regular street tires with a BBK CAI, tune, and X-pipe.
  8. TT5.0ca

TT5.0ca Member

I'd say your improvement was more due to more practice than the Flowmaster AB, especially since you cut some ET. Your mph is in synch with a stock auto 5.0. To see certain power gains with exhaust on this car, you need off-road H/X at least, or LT headers, and a tune for it.

I'm broken record, too but, I'm on Procal with no other power mods and I'm 11 sec car on a slick at 115+. Full load premium car. Procal has warranty support like no other tune in the aftermarket, if that concerns you.