Tuning Help - 2003 Cobra

Happster

May 30, 2010
Dunstable, MA
OK, after 11 years, putting the final piece of the puzzle onto my '01 Cobra motor - the '03 Eaton supercharger. I could use some guidance about getting a good ECU that I can tune for my many mods.

I have 98 GT, but converted the drivetrain to an '01 Cobra via a crate motor right from Ford. (They were giving them away 12 years ago, once the '03 supercharged motors came along.) Yes, it was a nightmare, because I had to change every wiring harness in the car and the ECU, radio, seats, cluster, T45 tranny...oy. So much for plug and play - everything changed in '99. Thank god for Missouri Mustang is all I can say.

Anyway, I have some mods coming into this stock '03 Cobra Eaton upgrade. Forged crank, Manley H-beam rods, JT forged pistons (dished for lowered compression ratio), high volume fuel pump, Lincoln Navigator heads (for the bigger exhaust valves), long tube headers, Magnaflow 3" H-pipe and Cat back. The Eaton set up I bought is coming off a stock '03 Cobra, and includes everything I need, soup to nuts, except the ECU & MAF. I assume that the stock '03 ECU & MAF not be sufficient (or wise) for this set up and probably won't even plug into my '01 harness anyway. I want to maximize my ponies. So I could use some guidance on the best set up to get this thing tuned. Any help out there? I know they have programmable ECUs, chips, etc. but I could use some guidance. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

You current ECU is perfectly fine. Im using my stock ECU and even the wiring harness from my 02 GT to power my 04 Cobra motor.

What MAF are you currently running?