Tuning Question - EEC Tuner

AnthonyR23

Sep 8, 2006
Ontario
So I should be getting my EEC Tuner that I bought on the 10th. And just planning tuning ahead of time.

And just have a couple questions. A little about my combo.... it's a 347 with street trick flow heads, trick flow intake with 1 inch spacer, 1.6 roller rockers, 30 lb injectors, a 70mm mass air meter calibrated for 30 lb's, 65mm tb and spacer, powermax 2030 Camshaft, bbk equal length headers, pacesetter x pipe, 2.5 inch borla catback. It's a 88 GT Vert with Mass air conversion. I have all new vacuum lines and less than 5 km on the new motor. Has a billet alluminum flywheel.

So where I'm at... I hooked up the pink/black wire to where it says on the a9l computer for the fuel voltage or whatever its for to I believe pin 19. If that wasn't hooked up does anyone know what error code would show up. I rechecked the wiring and the pin and am still getting engine off code 96. Not sure if that is the code that would show if it wasn't hooked up. Engine on codes where stating a lean condition and I believe errors 91 and 41 and a code for the IAC motor and idle being generally too high. So today I installed the x pipe with catalytic converters and replaced both 02 sensors. I have an extra IAC so I am going to swap that out. I was also getting a code saying ect out of range. I had to move the ect sensor to the back of the manifold cause I can't have it on the coolant tube because my adj. fuel pressure regulator is in the way. So I think that is suspect. I re-did the engine on test with the engine up to temp and the code went away. Before I start any tuning I want to clear up any issues I am having with error codes. I set my timing without light to approx. 10 degrees. So I am going to hook up the timing light and try to advance timing 1 degree at a time until I hear detonation, then I'll back it off.

Okay sorry this is so long. So once I finish the above... regarding the eec tuner that I am getting. This is what I want to do with the EEC Tuner/Chip.

1. Adjust the settings of the EEC from 301. whatever to 347, which I think will help improve the way the car runs. Which will change the Load calculations.

2. Turn off the Speed Limiter and RPM Limiter.

3. Adjust the idle from 600 whatever to a more appropriate idle for my combo.

4. I would like to have the timing adjusted with the tuner rather than manually, so I will adjust timing to 10 degrees right on and will advance it with the tuner 1 at a time.

Anyways... so there is more stuff that I would like to do with the program and my big question is, with the eec analyzer program, is there a way to make one change at a time with the eec analyzer program, then figure out exactly what has been changed. Or does anyone know if the EEC Analyzer will work with the EEC Tuner. Thanks

Sorry for the length!

• Sponsors (?)