Tuning Questions(s Trim)

90FoxBdy

Founding Member
Jun 17, 2000
Linthicum, MD
hello all,

Been out of the car game for awhile. Wondering what my options are as far as tuning. Currently have a mild 306 with s trim and c4. Looking to get it professionally tuned this time around. What is everyone using. Shops around here seem to like sct. I have a Anderson pms that is not yet installed. Anyone still run these?
Open to all suggestions and comments. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

hello all,

Been out of the car game for awhile. Wondering what my options are as far as tuning. Currently have a mild 306 with s trim and c4. Looking to get it professionally tuned this time around. What is everyone using. Shops around here seem to like sct. I have a Anderson pms that is not yet installed. Anyone still run these?
Open to all suggestions and comments. Thanks
I believe @TOOLOW91 runs an Anderson PMS but is about to convert to FAST if i'm not mistaken. Most people here are SCT, MS, or FAST. Mostly the popular advice is if you're going to have somebody else tune it then go with what the tuner recommends and is most familiar with. Why are you wanting to pay somebody else to tune it? DIY tuning with Megasquirt is very popular and there is a ton of info on the internet to help you along and the Tuner Studio auto tune makes things a lot easier to get you dialed in pretty close.

I was looking to pay someone cause everything seemed kind of intimidating to me. Haven't looked too deep into any of the tuning sites to see what kind of supports out there. For the DiY guys are you tuning On the street of renting dyno time somewhere?

Reactions: 1 user
He is absolutely correct I have tuned my car completely on the street the car makes 9 PSI Idols like a dream with a big cam and even gets 20 miles to the gallon and I knew nothing about tuning when I first got my megasquirt. If this is the direction that you go I can even provide you a very complete tune to start off with. It will almost be as simple as pressing the auto tune button and driving the car