Turbo '68 Stang project is on the road!!

classic boost

Founding Member
Feb 3, 1999
canton, oh
i finally got my 357w, pt76gts, blow thru project 95% done. i've been driving it around the 'hood putting some miles on it. I've have a few minor (hopefully) issues to iron out, but that's just finish work.
here's some pics:

engbay1.jpg

engbay2.jpg

car1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Nice! Are those exhaust manifolds and the turbo bare? I suggest getting them coated (in and out) with hi-temp ceramic stuff, should improve thermal efficiency of the turbo.

How's it drive? Given it any flooring? What issues are you having?

thanks guys.

they are coated inside and out. grey is the color i chose.
it starts, idles, and cruises nice. i'm having some wot issues. if i hammer it, it sputters and the a/f drops off the guage. if i roll into it, it flies and the a/f is a nice steady 11.5.
i saw 9 psi on the gauge last night, and even rolling into the throttle and shifting at only 5k, it pulled like my 130mph incon car. 3rd gear was crazy.

zm830101 said:
are those home fabbed headers or are they part of a kit? sorry if this question has already been answered in a previous post.
home fabbed log headers. i posted some pics of the engine on it's stand in a previous thread, but here's a link to the pics: http://home.neo.rr.com/turbo68/eng/

Glad to see the waste gate is doing its job. Tires coming loose at 55 + from a roll yet ? Fuel psi around 15 or so ?
it's not. i put a 3# spring in it and i'm seeing 9# (maybe more when i spin it to 6k), but it's ok since i'm running race gas and planned on 20psi.
since i'm easing into the throttle, the m/t's seem to be doing a great job.
yep, fp was raising 1:1, just like it supossed to.

paul302 said:
thanks guys.

they are coated inside and out. grey is the color i chose.
it starts, idles, and cruises nice. i'm having some wot issues. if i hammer it, it sputters and the a/f drops off the guage. if i roll into it, it flies and the a/f is a nice steady 11.5.
i saw 9 psi on the gauge last night, and even rolling into the throttle and shifting at only 5k, it pulled like my 130mph incon car. 3rd gear was crazy.

Coated - excellent.

About your AFR going AWOL - does it get leaner or richer? If leaner, I don't know if this happens, but I think if you get pressure without flow, you'll be forcing the fuel back into the carb, but if you gently up it, the flow will increase with the boost and increase the amount of fuel being draw out. :shrug: