Turbo build and dyno numbers

• Sponsors (?)

Doesn't sound right to me either.

Finally was able to get some information out of them.

They have no idea what my fuel pump duty cycle or fuel pressure are, but the injector duty cycle was at 91%
That just doesn't make sense. You must be low on fuel pressure, what's you fuel system look like? Although I'm mainly knowledgeable about return systems.

And with an 84mm over 1 A/R you should definitely be revving your engine to 6800+

That just doesn't make sense. You must be low on fuel pressure, what's you fuel system look like? Although I'm mainly knowledgeable about return systems.

And with an 84mm over 1 A/R you should definitely be revving your engine to 6800+
Fuel system consists of twin GT40 pumps in a fore hat with twin -6 outlets. -6 feeds into a Y and a single -8 line runs to the CPR Rails.

Fuel to the injectors shouldn't be an issue, not at this kind of power.

I was a bit surprised that power started dropping so early as well. With the heads, intake, and such a large turbine section i was expecting to be making power to 7k rpm.

1.01 A/R I assume it's not a Garrett unit?

No, it is a Garrett turbo.

249905.jpg

281472.jpg

Man I must be crazy I could have sworn that the big 42r backside was a 1.02. I plan on putting a similar unit on my Evo (Scary). That turbo will make 800+ at the ground on my car. Currently building the motor (JE tough skirted pistons, Manley turbo tough I-beams, yes I splurged I-beams). 9.0:1 CR. I've pushed some pretty huge boost on other turbos (30+ psi) the 42r doesn't really even wake up at low boost levels.

Man I must be crazy I could have sworn that the big 42r backside was a 1.02. I plan on putting a similar unit on my Evo (Scary). That turbo will make 800+ at the ground on my car. Currently building the motor (JE tough skirted pistons, Manley turbo tough I-beams, yes I splurged I-beams). 9.0:1 CR. I've pushed some pretty huge boost on other turbos (30+ psi) the 42r doesn't really even wake up at low boost levels.
Jesus. I can't imagine trying to fit a 42R in that engine bay. Should be interesting, and make an ton of power.

do you know model # of your or where did you buy it ?
No, i'm sorry.

Got a little lucky yesterday.

I ran into the tuner at FAT (they built my car), so i was actually able to talk to him instead of through everyone else at PSR.

He said he's going to take a look at the datalog again to see what's going on. This way i can get some actual numbers. He said he'll also burn the dyno runs to a cd so i can have them. I also got some different numbers when i talked to him. He said he thinks, he couldn't remember exactly, that we're only running 11° of timing. And he said base fuel pressure is set at 39psi.

I'll be stopping by on Monday to talk to him when he has access to the datalog and my dyno runs to get some definite answers.

Also, he tuned the turbod cobra R at FAT and managed 740rwhp on 91 octane with the 80lb/hr injectors, only hitting 70% duty cycle.

So, i'm not sure what i'm going to be doing. Should i just move up to the 80lb/hr injectors and have him re-tune it and see if we can't pick up some more power or should i just have another shop take a look and see what's going on?