Turbo cam specs? and where from??

• Sponsors (?)

Most people will tell you that turbo setups run VERY well on stock cams. While N/A setups rely on significant overlaps to get the long intake durations needed to pull in lots of air at high rpm, the same rules do not apply to a turbo setup. For one thing, too much overlap kills exhaust pressure and its exhaust pressure that is spooling the turbo. For another, you don't need the extended intake times because you have all that boost helping you out.

I'm sure there are grinds that provide optimal tunes for a turbo combination, but it won't be the wild, lopy cams you hear all the time. Richard Holdener has done a lot of this type of testing for MM&FF and has written several articles about this very phenomenon...

Aaron 4.6 said:
Most people will tell you that turbo setups run VERY well on stock cams. While N/A setups rely on significant overlaps to get the long intake durations needed to pull in lots of air at high rpm, the same rules do not apply to a turbo setup. For one thing, too much overlap kills exhaust pressure and its exhaust pressure that is spooling the turbo. For another, you don't need the extended intake times because you have all that boost helping you out.

I'm sure there are grinds that provide optimal tunes for a turbo combination, but it won't be the wild, lopy cams you hear all the time. Richard Holdener has done a lot of this type of testing for MM&FF and has written several articles about this very phenomenon...

I am just out for sugg, I was thinking a .050 dur of 220 to 230 intake and exhaust with little or no overlap.

I am also going to ask Tim (CK), he has talked to me quite a bit and I should buy something from him.

Josh.

GTblack_00 said:
I am just out for sugg, I was thinking a .050 dur of 220 to 230 intake and exhaust with little or no overlap.

I am also going to ask Tim (CK), he has talked to me quite a bit and I should buy something from him.

Josh.

Tim sells VT cams, which is where Micool is pointing you to above. The blower cams I have are great for both Blower and Turbo setups.

I am looking to run about 14-20 lbs of pure pleasure and I will buy these cams from Tim. I just want the most from my boost!! I am going to have the cams installed with the turbos, hopefully I will get comfortable spending some money on the heads later.