Turbo on a 302

• Sponsors (?)

yea lots of folks.. im one.

If your still running the stock block, with no plans to upgrade, you might want to limit your power output. a 306 with good heads, and a decent sized turbo would have no problem making 500-600h/p or more.. Be prepared to moddify things once you go past the 500-520mark.. thats when it starts to get expensive

Check out www.turbomustangs.com

sounds good, what block does DSS use?

never the less, unless you motor has super high compression, you wont have a problem running boost through it.
It helps to have 9.5:1 or less though.

Might want to concider some MLS gaskets, 42lb injectors, good fuel pump, or fuel system, and of course the turbo kit.

If i were you, i would go pick up this month's issue of MM&FFs; it's all about turbos on mustangs. I quote: "Everything you need to know to turbocharge your mustang" It gave me a few ideas... :D

I am running a Cartech outlaw turbo on mine. It is fun, to say the least. I am going to the dyno to see what how much it produces.

On turbomustangs.com just a week or two ago someone was selling a brand new kit for about $3400. That was how I got mine.

I haven't seen any other turbo Mustangs so I can't comment on their kits, but from what I heard, every kit has some kind of fitment issues. My headers and cross over pipe fit great. But I had to work on getting the down pipe connected. The inner cooler piping was a pain.

Now that I have installed one. I think I would get the headers and crossover from someone and then have a good exhaust shop weld up the rest so it fits the car. A local shop here said he could have done it and I think it would of only cost a little more than buying it from Cartech, but it would fit better.

I have most of my bugs worked out (until I split the block :) ). When it is all said and done, it was worth the extra problems. The low end torque is amazing and I am only at 9 psi.

One thing, if you do order a kit, be willing to wait a few months to get your kit and be patient. I have heard a lot of people get their kits delayed for one reason or another.

Craig