Turbo Setup?

Lol. Yeah that sounds like a really good setup. What trans are you running? I plan on a tko 500 if it can handle 400+ hp.
Did you install the turbo yourself or did you have a shop do it?
If you did it how was the install? Any problems and tips for me? I know you said better clamps. How about welding ? Did you have to weld anything or will clamps and rubber fittings hold up?

In that video it was a mild built AOD i now have a Lentech AOD...i didnt install it had a shop do everything for me,they have installed a few they said it fit well...NO welding at all...i have all the on3 clamps and rubber couplers car sits outside all yr driven in rain...NEVER snow..lol..like i said everything seems to be holding up i just want the RPS clamps because i know these arent the best...but again i never did replace them yet either...lol...I really like the kit...i love the power!!!!!! car moves nice

• Sponsors (?)

I don't want to be debbie downer here, and maybe i'm just too damn anal about the way things fit but i've installed 3 on3 kits to date and I have remade tubing pieces on each and every kit. do they work, yes. do they make good power, yes. have they been fairly reliable, so far from what i've see yes. I prefer a ball bearing unit over the journal bearing turbo but that's personal choice. End of the day they work, they are cheap and will make HP. I'm just kind of picky when it comes to how stuff fits and is why I custom make all of my own tubing for all the turbo or s/c builds I do.

In all honesty I just want a turbo for the waythe car sounds lol. The kit is cheap. And ththat's good. I can allways upgrade the turbo right? Wouldn't I be able to swap it in there directly? Same with the intercooler if I wanted a better one I just swap them out right?

You want a turbo kit for all of the wrong reasons, I hate to say it. Lets think about this responsibly for a second. Buy a cheap kit, upgrade the turbo, intercooler, wastegate and blow off valve then where are you at dollars and cents wise? The same place if not more money out of pocket than a good kit with good parts to begin with. I in no way mean to be rude here, but:

FOCUS
!

Reactions: 1 users
Ry if you want a turbo kit and want it cheap buy the on3 kit. Have it installed professionally and enjoy it. Seems there is a good chance you'll change your mind about the car by then anyway, idk why I think that:rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users
Lol I was already thinking about just waiting and getting it all done together. Just give the car to the shop rebuild the engine and unstall the turbo if I go to the right shop it shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: 1 user
I guess I really got lucky have my car together almost going on 3 yrs with my set-up seems great no problems with it...I went thru a trans ...I installed a c4 didn't like it went back to lentech AOD...other the trans problems...the car has run like a champ...

I guess I really got lucky have my car together almost going on 3 yrs with my set-up seems great no problems with it...I went thru a trans ...I installed a c4 didn't like it went back to lentech AOD...other the trans problems...the car has run like a champ...
Would you consider a 5 speed? I plan on building a turbo setup next and am RACKING my brains trying to figure out tranny options Ha.

No never would I use a stick in my car I love the 3000 stall convertor...Manual VB AOD it is a monster...it just kick ass...build boost never looses any boost thru shifting...autos just are awesome with a turbo, Turbos love the load of an auto trans...

No never would I use a stick in my car I love the 3000 stall convertor...Manual VB AOD it is a monster...it just kick ass...build boost never looses any boost thru shifting...autos just are awesome with a turbo, Turbos love the load of an auto trans...
Ok, that makes sense you would lose boost while shifting.. What problems did you have with the c4?

Ok, that makes sense you would lose boost while shifting.. What problems did you have with the c4?

It was a great trans nothing wrong with it performance wise but the with only 3spds you really cant go cruising on the highways...that's why I went back to AOD I missed the OD now I can cruise on the highway again at 2000 rpms...were with the c4 at 55-60 I was a little over 3000 rpms...for all out Racing the c4 is awesome but for a street/sometimes a track car I will stick with the AOD....

It was a great trans nothing wrong with it performance wise but the with only 3spds you really cant go cruising on the highways...that's why I went back to AOD I missed the OD now I can cruise on the highway again at 2000 rpms...were with the c4 at 55-60 I was a little over 3000 rpms...for all out Racing the c4 is awesome but for a street/sometimes a track car I will stick with the AOD....
Oh ok, I didn't think about that. That's important for a daily driver for sure! I was reading something about people using the case of one and the gears of another because one of those auto's has a first gear that's pretty steep which isn't necessary.