turbocharged lancer

this guy wants to race me when he gets his turbo put in(its sitting in his room) and he is saying that he will be running 12.5's on a stock motor with turbo, i told him there is no way in hell he will be doing that. its just the regular lancer, not sure what year but its fairly new. i know that i wont beat him but he put 40$ down against my friends 450 hp all motor camaro. lol i think its funny as hell. im putting in a cam and underdrive pulleys in december. think it will be close with those mods or would i still lose? btw chances are its a pos turbo because it was really cheap/off brand and puts out about 7 psi "so he says"...he lies alot. thx

Anyone know what they run in the 1/4 stock?

just did a search on google and they have a 2.0L with 120 hp...HAHA!!!

• Sponsors (?)

You should take him before the cam install...If he indeed makes enough power to run a 12.5 he wont be doing it on street tires. Plus he's gonna be new at this so if hes on street tires i believe he will sith there and smoke em while you pull away. Assuming he does make that kinda power. However I dont think he will. I bet he will run into lots of tuning problems and if you make him push it he may even blow the motor or head gasket...if you feal really mean and wanna try and make him do that go for it. Personally I wouldent worry about it with even a stock cobra. Oh (just thought of this) and with 7 psi of boost he wont even make 190hp. On a 100% efficient setup with any car you need 14.7 psi of boost (which would double atmospheric pressure) to double power. But in reality there are parasitic losses, etc. so you would have to run prolly 16-17psi on a really efficient setup to make that kinda power. So, since hes running less than half of that (7psi) he can only make about 60 extra hp -losses in the turbo 10hp (being really conservative on that) hes only gonna make about 50 extra at the flywheel netting a total of 170hp at the flywheel. So I think it should be easy pickings for you. Sorry for the long post...but I hope it makes sense to you. :D

stang976 said:

lol...he does have it sitting in his room one of my friends saw it. thx alot guys for the help i was thinking that he was going to make more hp then that with a turbo but w/e more power to me. when i get my cam in im going to put some money down on this so i can get a few extra bucks. :D

btw nice post stang5.0 that helped alot. :nice: