Turbonetics Owners...

• Sponsors (?)

Hey belzebub2u, I have the same kit you do. Are you running the draw through version, or the blow through? I went to the dyno today and the blow through setup wouldn't work. My tuner said it wasn't tunable. We switched back to the draw through and didn't have any problems. Didn't even have to use a maffia. I put down 430 hp and 429 tq @ 12psi on a very conservative Mustang dyno. My tuner said on a dynojet it would probably be about 480 hp/tq.

anticubicle, I installed mine myself. Wasn't too bad, but it took ALOT of patients!!! If you buying one used make sure it is a good deal. I bought mine on ebay new in the box for $4449.00.

draw thru

I had the exact same problem. the issue is that the MAF on the kit is too close to a bend and is getting alot of turbulence. makes it untunable. so i took the pretty blow thru pipe, welded up the MAF hole, drilled and tapped a hole for the air charge sensor, and am running it draw thru. one thing you will notice with this setup is that if you barely get into boost and get out by clutching, you will throw a 061b code sometimes, or you will get the limp mode wrench. a baffle needs to be welded into the BOV pipe on the intake to push the air twords the turbo (may not work, but should)

Fighting the MAF Battle

I have now 15 hours on my 07 GT with the Turbonetics kit installed. It is the blow through style and it has been difficult to work with- The latest fix attempt from the mfg was to install a screen before the honeycomb section before the maf. Also Turbonetics gave me a revised tune. It has helped smooth out the part throttle bucking and overall lean condition there, but it is still a bit rough. So much for "no futher tuning required..."

FIXED IT!!

Tim at MPH showed me a trick to fix the MAF problem with the turbonetics kits. . i will post some pics tonight, but the short of it is this: i went on VMP tuning and got a MAF bracket and welded it in a different spot, added a diablosport MAFia, dyno tune. .and PRESTO!!! perfect a/f and no more codes or throttle drop!! pics to come soon.

Does removing the cats in this system change performance much when set in the 8-9psi boost range? -I cut my offfroad pipe during the install but reinstalled the cats so as to not have to immediately take it to the dyno. Is there a big difference? I also have a set of charge motion delete plates sitting on the bench-