Turn Signal Switch - '72 Mach 1

Stanger007

Founding Member
Sep 26, 2001
Baton Rouge, LA
2239894377_9dac66ae9d.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find the broken part of the turn signal switch in the picture?

2240685264_edeeddd8bc.jpg

Thanks,
Wes

Attachments

• 2239894377_9dac66ae9d.jpg
    2239894377_9dac66ae9d.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 2240685264_edeeddd8bc.jpg
    2240685264_edeeddd8bc.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 76
  • Sponsors (?)

I ordered a switch and have it in. The switch didn't come with a connector, just a pack of butt splices (tilt column).

Does anyone know if I can buy the female terminals to crimp onto the wires instead of butt splicing it together?

I can get pics of what the terminals look like if that'll help.

Wes

I ordered a switch and have it in. The switch didn't come with a connector, just a pack of butt splices (tilt column).

Does anyone know if I can buy the female terminals to crimp onto the wires instead of butt splicing it together?

I can get pics of what the terminals look like if that'll help.

Wes

Maybe you can get them from the local Ford house, but I have never seen them in any store.

Hmmm...You'd have to know who made the original connector housing and terminals. The big boys in that industry are Tyco Electronics (aka: AMP) and Molex. There's a ton of different connectors out there. Even if you do find the correct female terminals, you'll need the custom crimp tool to install them.

Better yet, I think I'd consider contacting Mustangs Unlimited about the one pictured above and ask if it does indeed come with the connector as pictured. If yes, return the one you already purchased.

Thanks for the help guys. The tilt wheel switches do not come with the connectors, only the wiring. The reason is that on the tilt wheel models, there is a hole that is very tiny, only large enough for the wiring to go through.

The switch I bought is from Mustangs Unlimited. I'm going to butt splice the connector in today but I will be on the lookout for the proper terminals to do it right.

Wes

Thanks for the help guys. The tilt wheel switches do not come with the connectors, only the wiring. The reason is that on the tilt wheel models, there is a hole that is very tiny, only large enough for the wiring to go through.

The switch I bought is from Mustangs Unlimited. I'm going to butt splice the connector in today but I will be on the lookout for the proper terminals to do it right.

Wes
I fail to see why that translates into "here's some band-aid solution butt splices". They could have provided everything and just left the terminals on the wire to be snapped into the connector housing after column installation. If the connector being installed is the only difference between the 2 switches, I would still get the one with the installed connector - then surgically remove each pin for reinsertion after installation, but . . .

there may be some other tilt-wheel vs. non-tilt-wheel difference I'm unaware of since Mustangs Unlimited doesn't even offer the tilt wheel version. Where did you get yours?