turn signals dont work

txgunrunner

Apr 29, 2005
houston, tx
im pretty sure its the turn signal switch that went out and my question is it hard to change out and about how much is this switch (new). a friend said i could go to the junkyard and get one off a newer mustang but how new he didnt know. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

check your wiring before getting a new switch. My turn signals went out, I orderd a new swtich and before I could get it in I notice what looked like a relay hanging down in my drivers side fenderwell and it had some chewed up wires. I fixed up the wires, replaced the fuse and they worked again. Do your reverse lights work? If they dont then the fuse is blown...I'm sure you've checked that already but it sometimes gets overlooked. But if the switch is the problem I have a spare one I'd sell cheap.

A good point of reference is to check a place like LRS to see how they break down the years of switches. Like it seems to me that 89 and older get one switch and then the 90+ get a different one (and this is denoted on resto sites).

Last time I looked, a multi function switch was about 80 bucks. I would definately want to do more troubleshooting before buying a new one.

Good luck.