turn signals don't work

coupecop

Aug 9, 2006
mission texas
i have this problem my turn signals don't work but my flasher works fine .i have changed all the fuses on the car changed both flashers . i also have a new ignition switch . if i put the hazard lights on and put the signal light to turn ether side the left light turns off and the right keeps flashing . any ideas what else i can check :shrug: :shrug: :scratch:

• Sponsors (?)

Check the flasher not the one in the fuse block the one that is somewhere around the radio. Also check ground on the lights on the front, the thin wire boled to the core support and the one at the tail lights. On my 82 Capri the left does not pull enough current to flash the lights although all the bulbs are good and the flasher is good. I ended up getting a electronic flasher to replace the thermal one.

Check wiring to the hazzard switch and to the multi-function switch. The hard shell connector on the multi-function switch is known to become brittle over time, causing the retaining pins to break off, allowing the wires to wiggle out of the connector and away from the switch. Check the wires going into the connector on the back of the multi-function switch and see if any easily pull out. If so, go to your local Ford dealer and tell them you want a "multi-function switch hard shell connector". Un-pin each wire ONE AT A TIME, and pin them into the new connector.

I have this same exact problem down to the right blinker turning on when the hazzard switch is on, Ive replaced both flashers, the Multi Function Switch and still nothing. If you find a fix you got to let me know.

i just changed the switch for the wipers and turn signals in the steering column .
and nothing its still the same don't know what else to do . i don't think its the cluster because every thing works on it changed it about 2 weeks a go and every thing works fine except the turn signal do you all thinks there is some thing not connected right because the hazard lights work .

i had this problem recently... i changed the flasher & it did nothing i had to change the one behind the radio (and mine was blown && it looked blue)... its in a weird spot i had to go thru the glove box & it did the trick, did you try that?

If you never found a fix for this mine was doing the same thing and it was the ignition switch. If you take the plastic peices off the stearing colum you will see a plug with tons of wires that plugs onto the stearing colum. If i wiggled mine the blinkers would start working. Replaced the thing it plugs into (guess its the ignition switch) it and now its fine.