Twin Turbo Build Progress -pics-

Whell guys, i went to the dyno yesterday and on the first pull, the wastegates failed to open....he caught it at around 15 psi....i was like holy ****ttt!! I looked at the dyno and it said 500HP to the wheels.....uh oh..Anyhow, turns out the boost controller i had was messed up, so i just had to connect the wastegates straight up and it makes a constant 5lbs of boost now. It made 331hp/380TQ at the wheels at the 5psi...and wow is it alot faster than it was...but when i get a new boost controller UP IT GOES lol...Its nice...DEZ racing did a great job tuning it, and it runs just like it did before just much faster. He pulled up the old dyno sheets and i was making 270hp/305/tq before N/a. Right now, i still have to finish making a skid plate, and my rear seat delete. I WILL get vids soon

• Sponsors (?)

whell, with full boost only being 5lbs, it gets there quickly, i dont actually know...it matters what gear, it makes boost quicker in 3rd than 2nd, etc. WHat im going to do next is get a new h-pipe, and exhaust wrap the whole damn thing.

Before i UPP the boost much, i will have to add a good clutch, New tranny setup, and some better axles, and carrier....i want the driveline to be beefy!

sounds great man, it seems like the rest of us are almost ready to send you some money to see the finished product- provided of course you give us some video or a sweet ride. im just curious how the dyno tune went regarding your drivablilty issues. does it idle/drive like a stocker or does it experience the "normal" hiccups that all of our cars seem to have once modified? my 95 hates the e cam i have in it and its n/a.

do you think you could price out all of your expenses for this killer project? the winter months are almost here and we all need a project....

oh and you had to get rid of those flame throwers right?

keep us updated, we live for this stuff!
-fawcett

fawcett said:
sounds great man, it seems like the rest of us are almost ready to send you some money to see the finished product- provided of course you give us some video or a sweet ride. im just curious how the dyno tune went regarding your drivablilty issues. does it idle/drive like a stocker or does it experience the "normal" hiccups that all of our cars seem to have once modified? my 95 hates the e cam i have in it and its n/a.

do you think you could price out all of your expenses for this killer project? the winter months are almost here and we all need a project....

oh and you had to get rid of those flame throwers right?

keep us updated, we live for this stuff!
-fawcett

The stock cam is a GREAT turbo cam. Im pretty sure he went with the stock cam or one like it. That means stock driveability. No hiccups from aftermarket cams. That is what is so tempting about a turbo. The only give away is the jet sound once u give it some gas :banana:

Its pretty easy to price out the cost of going turbo once u know all the parts you need....the biggest thing in this project is LABOR. The more interesting thing would be a detailed write up of how he designed the system.

Hat off to you sir :hail2:

GreenMustangGt said:
Whell guys, i went to the dyno yesterday and on the first pull, the wastegates failed to open....he caught it at around 15 psi....i was like holy ****ttt!! I looked at the dyno and it said 500HP to the wheels.....uh oh..Anyhow, turns out the boost controller i had was messed up, so i just had to connect the wastegates straight up and it makes a constant 5lbs of boost now. It made 331hp/380TQ at the wheels at the 5psi...and wow is it alot faster than it was...but when i get a new boost controller UP IT GOES lol...Its nice...DEZ racing did a great job tuning it, and it runs just like it did before just much faster. He pulled up the old dyno sheets and i was making 270hp/305/tq before N/a. Right now, i still have to finish making a skid plate, and my rear seat delete. I WILL get vids soon

Good #'s man.. And its only a start..

Any plans to race this fall? I dont know if your interested, but im racing on october 12th, during the day, its track rental from 12noon to 5pm. It costs 100 but they only allow 30 cars max, so you can run as many times as u see fit. You gotta call them to sign up.. Let me know if your interested....