TWO thumbs up to SUMMIT and VA CLASSIC MUSTANG

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
North Atlanta
As I go to install my new transmission, I realize I need an o ring for my dipstick tube and a new trans mount.

ON Monday I called Summit for the trans mount and VA classic mustang for some o rings.

i didnt pay any extra for shipping and I know how busy the mail is this time of year. Well, I received my package from VCM last night and my package from summit today. I live in GA...these packages came from VA and from OH.

Kudos to both of these vendors. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Yep I'm with you on Summit - two big thumbs up -- I've spent over $1000 in parts over the last year through them, and I have always gotten the shipment the next day. They're the best.

For mustang parts, I'm pretty stoked on American Pony - they have decent prices and have had an all-around good experience.

Hearne,

I went to autozone and advance auto parts here. They both said that they were going to have to order one. We dont have any other parts places around here that stock a good inventory. I got a prothane mount too. I wasnt sure if a stock rubber mount could handle almost 500ft lbs of torque.

OK I see yuor dilema. The advance store here usually has the parts the next day, but then again, I'm only 100-150 miles from their distribution center. I ran stock mounts with the 427/4 speed combo I had back in the 80's without breaking one.

I am done with Advance and AutoZone. Discount used to be good until Advance bought them out.

They don't restock like they should (like how can a parts store be out of 1157 bulbs) The replacement parts they sell are usually crap.......I'd pay extra just not to have to talk to those fools.

NAPA and CarQuest are better.

Sorry Rant off/

Summit is really good, never had a problem with them. They also have all kinds of stuff they do not list. I always look the part numbers up and use summits manufacturer search to see if they have them or can get them. They usually have any thing from the federal mogul family.

PI...i hear ya. I needed to buy a pan gasket for my C4, well, they are only sold as a filter kit. I buy the whole kit, take it out to my car. Something told me to open it up. I opened it up and pulled the gasket it and it fell apart in my hands!