Two-tone dash

dsg02

Jul 6, 2003
Anyone with a Saddletan interior hate how the top part of the dash is black? (Good way ford saved money having all the dash tops black)

Did anyone do anything about it? Change colors, etc.?

Just curious. I'm sure if it's possible, someone here's done it!

Thanks,
Greg

• Sponsors (?)

Mine is black/red and on my white exterior I think that it looks really good. I look at it this way, all the import boys spend lots of money to get a "custom" interior that is multi color and i got mine that way from ford.

I had a 91 GT that had black and grey interior I didnt like it so I took out the whole interior, panels, seats, carpet and I painted it all black. I also put diamomd plate on the door panel at the bottom. It looked sweet, not rice at all. I even painted ceiling black with fabric paint. The seats I got them done in black vinyl w/ white piping real nice.

So to answer your question you can change the color its up to, but have this in min you will probably have to maintain it as time goes by.

2L8ULUZ2 said:
Mine is black/red and on my white exterior I think that it looks really good. I look at it this way, all the import boys spend lots of money to get a "custom" interior that is multi color and i got mine that way from ford.

thats the reason why i dont like the multi color......but i have grey on black so i dont mind too much

sorry for reserecting an old thread... anyways heres my question...

what kind of paint/dyes would be needed to do this with (i have black on gray interior and i want to change it to all black)

I love my Black Dash with the Tan Inserts.. I had everything at the house to change it to black I just couldn't do it... So I put it all in the Garage Attic... But I did install the black carpet and might install the front 2 black leather seats and install my rear seat delete..