Typhoon intake, how good is it?

Soon2beBlown

Nov 15, 2003
In comparison to some of the popular intake swaps(cobra, gt40, explorer, trickflow..) how well does the typhoon intake flow? Also, how would you rate the ease of installation? I've read some prettty detailed directions and it doesnt seem like anything I can't handle myself.

• Sponsors (?)

it is easy man..........trust me i stripped down my motor in maybe 30 mins........... all you do is take the old upper intake bolts off take it off pop off the fuel rails slip out the injectors and take off the lower............bbk SSI is the best intake out there yet..............typhoon aint got $hit on them............

I'm running a Typhoon on mine & did some research before I bought it. Outa the box it does out flow the Cobra but everything I read recommended porting it to get the most out of it. The casting is not nice as the Edlebrocks (which it is obviously designed after) so porting will really smooth it out & improve flow #'s.

friend of mine recently installed BBK's intake, he hated it and he just sold it on Ebay. The Typoon is "ok" if you want the BEST intake for supercharged car its Holley Sytemax 2 BY FAR. AFM will tell you that, LaRocca will tell you that as well as Fox Lake and Livernois Motorsports. The cobra is a joke, this months Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords has a article where Larocca swaps a intake for a guy on his 5.0 from a cobra to a systemax it picked up like 50RWHP if i remember correctly.

cathartic said:
friend of mine recently installed BBK's intake, he hated it and he just sold it on Ebay. The Typoon is "ok" if you want the BEST intake for supercharged car its Holley Sytemax 2 BY FAR. AFM will tell you that, LaRocca will tell you that as well as Fox Lake and Livernois Motorsports. The cobra is a joke, this months Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords has a article where Larocca swaps a intake for a guy on his 5.0 from a cobra to a systemax it picked up like 50RWHP if i remember correctly.
d@mn you learn something new everyday...........