U/D Pulleys or Off Road H-Pipe

Can't decide between getting pulleys or an H-pipe. Like the sound, but I'm guessing the pulleys will get more power. I'm looking at BBK Alum. U/D, but have concerns about charging (Daily Driver-Traffic Jams at least once a week).

P.S. I'm already getting gears and have Flowmasters on already

• Sponsors (?)

Flip a coin man. Both are a lot of fun. You are right. You will feel the pulleys whereas you really wont much on the H pipe. But with the flowmasters, and the H pipe, your car will sound BAD!!! I say, try and get both at once.

You will most likely pick up more power from the off road pipe. Remember the car will be much louder though. Underdrive pulleys can cause charging problems when you have a stereo on, the lights on, and the fan motor on. When I had underdrives my lights would dim at stoplights.

Not trying to argue his point but the O/R pipes give most power way up top where you dont often times reach it. Pulleys will give you a nice kick in the pants down low where you can feel it.

And again, not to argue but I think if you have a fairly new battery and a decent alternator you should not have any charging problems. I havent had any yet other than the lights dimming slightly...not a big deal to me.

Just my opinion,
Chris

I dont get it i installed underdrives on my car and got no RWHP, no trap speed, no e.t. I really dont know where they get their reputation from. On the other hand with my O/R X i got 1.5mph out of it. just my two cents

If your worried about charging problems then dont use the ALT Pullly. I Just have the other 2 Pullies installed on mine w/ the stock ALT pully on. You wont gain any HP from the underdrive ALT Pully, well not enough to notice a diffrence, and its worth it if you dont want to deal w/ charging issues.

here, i'll sum it up for ya.

get both. neither do that much, so i wouldn't put too much thought into it, but the h-pipe will make your car sound 20 times better. also, don't install the alternator pulley, its not worth the hassle.

It sounds like I have the same mods you do with pulleys and an O/R H pipe andI was much happier with the OR H pipe purchase. Great sound and dropped a tenth off my et. Heres a tip get on ebay and yu can buythem both for the price of a new O/R H pipe.
Matt