UFC 61

Suspect

Aug 25, 2004
GA.
Ortiz > Shamrock

Arlovski > Silvia this one should be good. i think they both will take theyre time, but i think the pitbull will get em!!

Dan Christison < Frank Mir

Josh Burkman > Josh Neer

theres a few more on the card, some i dunno. i think Monson is gonna kill that other guy.

• Sponsors (?)

Ortiz will put a beating on Shamrock
and
Arlovski vs. Silvia will be good but Arlovski will come out victorious.
Those are really the only two matches I care about. It ought to be two good fights though.

He's cocky yep,... just like Shamrock said, but ya know sometimes ya just got to tell the other guy how it is. If he's gonna whip his ass he might as well let him know before hand that he is gonna hand him a beating.

Ortiz will get Shamrock last time...maybe a bit worse.

It will be a good one between Sylvia and Arvoloski.

Ortiz is cocky but, Ortiz has handled himself much better on the "ultimate fighter season"...than Shamrock has. He has been very smart, and a definite "fighting" rolemodel to Team Ortiz....anyone that has watched sees the difference between them...

I do like Shamrock a lot, but the Ultimate Fighter season really changed my opinions on Ortiz...in a good way.

shamrock got robbed!! tito was puttin some nice elbows on the ground and it was stopped way too early. dean screwed up bigtime. i really wanted to see him finish it. it suxed bigtime.

arlovski lost the damn fight. i knew it was going to be slow, but dang. they went the whole 5 (i actually fell asleep on the last 2 rounds) noone really took any chances. both played it safe and tim just got the better of him. monson will prolly be his next fight.

joe cracked the other guys head open and it was stopped. damn thing was gushing out like a tipped over 2 liter.

mir won his by decision. another slow ass fight.

burkman won his.

and silva is coming from pride to fight chuck!!

I am glad Ortiz won, but now talking about fighting Liddell? Please, Chuck will put a beating on Ortiz and Silva.

Sounds like BS the fight was stopped. I think in a bitter rival match like that, the ref should let it go a little more.

Yeah Kevin......Chuck's been around for awhile ........I think he was a Kempo practitioner to begin with.......You got to give all those guys credit for what they do.......anyone remember Tank Abbott.........Tito might be cocky but he is a "skilled" fighter at least.....:rlaugh: and as much as I think Shamrock means to UFC history at 42 (I'm close and hate to say it).....you gotta know when the body tells you it's time to quit.......what happened to Frank......is he still out there...

after that BS stop in the ortiz vs shamrock i fell asleep and didn't get a chance to watch the silva and arlovski fight.

even though i was backing ortiz up. i though that he should of been pissed that the match was stopped like that, instead of celebrating like he did. he was popping major garbage about hurting Shamrock, not knocking him out or submitting him, but putting a hurting on him. and the fight was handed to him on a BS call.
i was surprised that Dana White didn't step in and do something. but instead he announced the lidell vs frog face fight. instead of addressing the mess up that just happen. i was really dissapointed in the way it was handle. i usually wait to rent or buy the UFC videos. and all i really wanted to see was the the ortiz/shamrock fight, cause it was to be a war and major beating going to happen. turned out to be a flop. it really turned me away from it. now it seems more of a publicity stunt to get more hype for a third match. even though Ortiz said he was going to retire, then at the end of the match said he would fight him again.

i don't think fighting someone who you can cleary beat for the third time is doing you any good. the one who needs to retire is shamrock. and ortiz need to focus on going for the belt not fighting a washed up legend.