Ugh just cant catch a break...

JonezySN95

May 18, 2011
J-ville NC
It was raining this morning and I was almost to work. I took a turn that snuck up on me (happens every time) just a hair too fast and hit a water puddle which made me hydroplane right into the curb. It broke my rim and screwed up my control arm/suspension. Now I have to spend the money to get another rim which is hard to find. If anyone has one I am deffinatly interested so let me know.

• Sponsors (?)

reminds me of the time my son drove my stang in 15* weather and the summer tires broke loose. he went over a curb, ruined 3 of my rims, and bent the k-member.

that was back when i had FR500s on it, and the reason why i don't have them anymore!

i didn't want him to drive it then, but he had to because his car was on the fritz and he needed to get to school. he has only driven it a couple times since then, and i have been in the car every time.

It was the new edge cobra rim, but when I looked it up it came up as the saleen rim. It has the cobra emblem in the middle, 5 spoke, and has the lip on the sides of the spokes. Oh yea and its black... of course ;) You can kind of see it in the avatar pic or go to my garage. I will post a pic on here if I can figure out how.

PS: Yes that is cracked ALL the way through on both spokes...

Attachments

• IMAG0529.jpg
    IMAG0529.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 103
it will be fine. Your wheel is already a "knockoff" as it is. The cobra cap is just what comes with most aftermarket wheels. You can order all new caps for around 40-50 if you don't want the cobra emblem .

BTW. Your sig says you have an AOD. you might consider just going with a 3k Stall converter instead of swithcing to a 5 speed. Your car will instantly pick up a half second+ in the 1/4 and will be a blast to drive. I am sure it is a dog in first right now.

That exact setup in my friends fox GT ran 13.0 at 106-8

it will be fine. Your wheel is already a "knockoff" as it is. The cobra cap is just what comes with most aftermarket wheels. You can order all new caps for around 40-50 if you don't want the cobra emblem .

BTW. Your sig says you have an AOD. you might consider just going with a 3k Stall converter instead of swithcing to a 5 speed. Your car will instantly pick up a half second+ in the 1/4 and will be a blast to drive. I am sure it is a dog in first right now.

That exact setup in my friends fox GT ran 13.0 at 106-8

Really? I don't know a whole lot about AOD's so thats why I was just going to switch. I'm kinda afraid to spend the money on AOD just incase I dont like it. IDK I still have plenty of time before I make a decision so I'll look into it. On the wheel topic... Are they really knockoff's already? They came off my boss's 2001 Saleen #264. I thought they were origionals but once again i'm kinda new to the saleen/cobra stock parts. As for the caps I will keep the cobra's. I like them :D

i have the AODE transmission as well and it robs a lot of power from the car. I am putting in a 2100 stall converter. I am also going to be putting in a shift kit. I will let you know how that goes. From what I read it will make a huge difference.

I chose the 2100 stall converter for a couple of reasons. The first is that I wanted to keep some resemblance of gas milage. The second is that it was very inexpensive ($115). It is the torque converter they use in the supercharged V6.

Currently my car won't spin the tires without a brake torque. We'll see after the explorer swap and shift kit/torque converter.

Keith

ok, I put the 2100 stall converter in with the explorer engine, and I can now spin the tires. :) It doesn't require a brake torque either. The extra horse power along with the new torque makes all the difference in the world.

I am going to let a professional install my shift kit so I don't screw this transmission up.

good luck.