Ugh Oh....... Coupe's got another fox!!!

Trust me, doing the jambs is worth it. And cleans, clear coated jambs are easy to keep clean, just a quick rinse and wax with the car and your good to go :D.

I don't personally like white with black wheels but to each his own. I do however like lighter blue like Rig's car used to be. Thats kind of the idea I was thinking, and lowered just right on Deep Dish FR500s would look sick!!!

• Sponsors (?)

But - could i paint the jambs with the doors on the car? I realize to do it right you take the doors off - but the pins and hinges are in such good shape and don't "need" to be replaced.. the only way to take the doors off is to cut the pins right? then get the replacement pins :shrug:

1990Coupe---You know I would have been posting in here if I wasn't upnorth! I feel bad being on the 2nd page, but I had no internet access!!!

Anyways....First...you don't have to cut the pins to take the doors off. The hinges unbolt from the A-post. 3 bolts on the upper, and 3 bolts on the lower hinge. The wires also unplug way up behind the dash. If the pins are in good shape, leave them, but AP stores do carry new ones in the HELP rack.

Second. Congrats to you on the find! And props to 25th and his family for hookin you up!

Third. The car is great. Looks solid as a rock. I would go Sonic Blue, or the 1998 Atlantic Blue. Atlantic Blue looks SIIICK at night with a nice fresh paint job. FR500's FTMFW!!! How about Black Chrome FR's?? I think they make those in 18's. The car has so much potential. It will be frickin great.:nice:

Fourth. I would keep the blue interior. Get it all pulled out and cleaned up. Then paint all your jambs, inner doors, etc...and get all the interior put back in. A nice paint job with the clean blue interior will look great. Then get the black trim and tinted windows and your are set!!!!

Fifth.....so when does the surgery start????

Sixth...Project blue balls is good...I like that. REASON: The car is gonna be all blue...and you will be working on it so much, you won't get any from the other half, resulting in blue balls!!:rlaugh::rlaugh:

Can't wait to see more!:nice:

I agree with 25th. Go 5spd swap....you just need to notch the floor in front of the shifter a little bit. It takes a whole 2 minutes.

The only auto I had gave me a world of trouble.

BTW....nice photoshop!!! The car looks sick with those meats under the back! You did a great job, but I still think Sonic, or Mid Atlantic Blue is the way to go.

1990Coupe---You know I would have been posting in here if I wasn't upnorth! I feel bad being on the 2nd page, but I had no internet access!!!

Anyways....First...you don't have to cut the pins to take the doors off. The hinges unbolt from the A-post. 3 bolts on the upper, and 3 bolts on the lower hinge. The wires also unplug way up behind the dash. If the pins are in good shape, leave them, but AP stores do carry new ones in the HELP rack.

Second. Congrats to you on the find! And props to 25th and his family for hookin you up!

Third. The car is great. Looks solid as a rock. I would go Sonic Blue, or the 1998 Atlantic Blue. Atlantic Blue looks SIIICK at night with a nice fresh paint job. FR500's FTMFW!!! How about Black Chrome FR's?? I think they make those in 18's. The car has so much potential. It will be frickin great.:nice:

Fourth. I would keep the blue interior. Get it all pulled out and cleaned up. Then paint all your jambs, inner doors, etc...and get all the interior put back in. A nice paint job with the clean blue interior will look great. Then get the black trim and tinted windows and your are set!!!!

Fifth.....so when does the surgery start????

Sixth...Project blue balls is good...I like that. REASON: The car is gonna be all blue...and you will be working on it so much, you won't get any from the other half, resulting in blue balls!!:rlaugh::rlaugh:

Can't wait to see more!:nice:

Haha its ok man I hope you had a good mini-vaca!! :nice:

One: Never checked the hinges to see if they were bolted. I'd like to take the doors off but like i said the hinge pins are in awesome shape and i'd hate to cut them to replace them. The plugs were no biggie - i plan on pulling the dash anyways to replace the heater core just to be safe :nice:

Two: Thanks i love it :)

Three: I two was also thinking black chrome with sonic blue but american muscle didn't seem to have them and they also seem to have the best prices for rim's that i have seen :shrug: The car is solid as a rock. Only small rust spots are on the hatch!!

Four: Interior is definatly staying blue - i have to see if that is rare or not? The car is a 4 banger with quite a few options. (cruise, all blue interior, full power passenger and driver seats, the GT dome light with map lighting etc..)

Five: Next weekend. This weekend i'm just too busy. August is completely clear for me so i'll probably dig in after this weekend :banana:. Until then, i'm reading up on a 5 lug swap. I got the mechanics all sorted out, i just am a little up in the air about the booster/MC/PV

Six: :rlaugh: Project Blue Balls it is!!!

DONT ever leave it auto... I have driven stick more or less all my driving life, and been doing it through NYC traffic a lot and never once wish I had an auto.

I have a photoshop for you, give me likr 5 minutes :D.

I bought the pedal assembly from your dad for a reason :nice:

:drool:

ok... must re-think this..

25th could you swap that real fast with sonic blue???

those are really the only two colors im stuck between :nice:

The door hinges unbolt as an assembly with the hinge pins. You'll see when you pull out the inner fender shields. It's hard to see when you just open the door.

Good call on the heater core...many skip this and it turns out to be a disaster. Take your time with it.

Don't forget, you can use all the 4cyl dash wiring. I didn't change a thing, from the selenoid back into the firewall/dash...it all remained 4cyl. But, I did have a 91 car, and used an 92 engine harness and computer. Hopefully you get a harness close to the year your car is.

I also used the stock 4cyl fuel pump. So, for insurance, you can change it, but if you want to budget, the 4cyl fuel pump powers my car just fine. I called the AP store anyways, and they said 4cyl, and 8cyl had the same part number on all 3 brands they carried. (My car has been fine for the two years, but now I wish I would have replaced it, because EVERYTHING else on the car is replaced)

I did say black chrome, I meant hypercoated. I think they have those. And yes, american muscle has the best prices and they have the free shipping, you can't beat it.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/18x9-fr500-hypercoated.html

Don't worry about the booster swap. I don't have 5 lug disc, so the fox V8 booster was fine with PBR's and stock drum rear. If you go rear disc, 94-95 booster will work. Master....hmm...try the 94-95 too, if that doesn't work, go with the Cobra master cylinder. When I did the 13" brake swap on my 1995 GT, the brakes sucked, and I never figured out why. After I sold it, I heard I needed a Cobra master cylinder. Keep that in mind.

I hope 25th gets that in Sonic for you. Atlantic Blue is badass too. I love 98 Cobras in Atlantic Blue, they are so rare around here.

So.....is Project Blue Balls gonna have 1 progress thread, or many mini's like Hack Job?

Yea i figured while i'm working on the car i might as well change the heater core.

I got lucky, 25th had a 91 engine harness and computer. All i need now is the headlight harness out of a 91-93 and i should be set with wires!

Since i'm on a budget, the fuel pump will stay for the time being. As will the motor - i plan on keeping it stock for a while just get her running. The clutch and other misc new parts i have to buy will cost me enough $ if i want to upgrade things later down the line thats fine. I really wanted to get this for the front

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=3434

But its alot of money and i think for the time being to save some, maybe i'll just throw on stock 95 front brakes. I think keeping the rear drums would save quite a bit of money as well i "think". In the future it wouldn't be hard to swap to rear disc anyways right?

So for my future brake plans, should I upgrade the booster/MC while its apart to allow for cobra brakes one day?

Wht93gted just turned me onto another blue that i like.... We'll see what color i end up going with though!

As far as threads. i think i'll make a bunch of little ones and link them in my sig. One giant long one is sometimes tiresome so i'll mix it up a bit! :nice:

Yea i figured while i'm working on the car i might as well change the heater core.

Good idea.
I got lucky, 25th had a 91 engine harness and computer. All i need now is the headlight harness out of a 91-93 and i should be set with wires!

That's perfect! I will have to check and see if I have a V8 headlight harness that is in good shape. IF you want me to...just let me know

Since i'm on a budget, the fuel pump will stay for the time being. As will the motor - i plan on keeping it stock for a while just get her running. The clutch and other misc new parts i have to buy will cost me enough $ if i want to upgrade things later down the line thats fine. I really wanted to get this for the front

The pump should be fine...I would stick with if for now too....(as I did) Nothing wrong with a stock motor. As long as you have new fluids, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and the module on the dizzy...you are all good! That's what I did, and I couldn't be happier. A clutch kit is a must. Don't be like me I put the 81 together, to find out the clutch isn't disengaging and making the trans grind. (I was so pist, I paid someone to R&R it. It was bad timing when it happened...my Dad had to have surgery that Monday...and I found out about the clutch on a Friday.) ALSO...do a one peice oil pan gasket. While putting my 91 together, I set the motor in as it was. When the car was completely finished, is when it decided to blow the gasket out and leak oil. R&Ring that with my Dad was a PITA. Do the gasket when it's out!!! I regret not doing so.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=3434

But its alot of money and i think for the time being to save some, maybe i'll just throw on stock 95 front brakes. I think keeping the rear drums would save quite a bit of money as well i "think". In the future it wouldn't be hard to swap to rear disc anyways right?

That's nice, but expensive. It is YOUR car, but that is a set of wheels Justin. Both my notches have the PBR's up front. Cheaper calipers, cheaper brake pads. The 81 does stop better with the rear disc than the 91 with the rear drum, but again, budget is the key we are shooting for....just like my 91. Budget was everything on that car. In the future, it won't be hard to swap the brakes. You just need all the hardware from the rear end...which means pulling the shafts.

So for my future brake plans, should I upgrade the booster/MC while its apart to allow for cobra brakes one day?

I used a Fox V8 booster and master for my PBR fronts and the stock 4cyl prop valve. Stops great...but if you are set on 13" Cobra's do a 94-95 booster and Cobra master. It's all up to you though. Listen to yourself. I'm just giving ideas for a budget build.

Wht93gted just turned me onto another blue that i like.... We'll see what color i end up going with though!

I can't wait for the paint!

As far as threads. i think i'll make a bunch of little ones and link them in my sig. One giant long one is sometimes tiresome so i'll mix it up a bit! :nice:

:nice:

SVT Let me know about the headlight harness - i know 25ths father said he had one if you don't

there are just some items i want to purchase new or close to new. I know i want to buy the rims new, same with the clutch/cable etc.. Exhaust i want it to sound good yet be street legal, so buying a highflow x or h with cats is going to be pretty expensive. But the brakes, i guess what i could do is do the budget swap. But i know one day in the future i'll want to convert the rear to disc, and the front to cobra specs. In this case i was thinking about swapping the 94-95 booster in since i'll have the car apart, and use the 2 port master cylinder..

I don't really know what to do honestly! maybe i should just pickup the fox v8 booster/MC since it will be a very easy swap out right :shrug: I just know that i'm on a budget hard core. so sticking with drums in the rear and stockers up front won't be too bad for a while as long as i can upgrade in the future! :nice: It seems to me like the parts that are going to take the longest are the heatercore swap, and painting the thing! :rlaugh:

I also know i'm going to put as much new stuff on the engine as i can.. maintenance stuff like the oilpan gasket, new water pump, all new sensors etc.. I also don't know what i should do about all the EGR stuff.. Can i just not route that stuff and will she run ok? with a catted H i'm not worried about emissions, i think she'll pass with those alone.

WOOT can't wait to start! :banana:

Here is the other blue my buddy linked me to that i like. Its called Leguna Seca blue

m3outside.jpg

Laser is so confused!!:lol: :D

Anyways...that BMW blue is badass too!!! It even matches the interior closer than Sonic Blue....oh man, I feel the the pain of the paint choices.

If you stay drum out back, and "stock up front"...you do mean 94+ brakes right? Because you wanted to swap to 5 lug, correct? If so, get the Ranger rear axles. I think I PMed you the interchange a while ago.

Emissions: I have an off-road H-pipe, all the emmission stuff, but I don't have the pipe from the smog pump to the H pipe hooked up. I should take off all the tubes next to the header. The peice on the H pipe is welded shut, and the pipe from the smog pump to the H pipe is hanging open. I do not have a Check Engine Light, and the car runs fine.

Budget H pipe, is an offroad H by Hedman or however you spell it....and DynoMax Super Turbo Mufflers...(to stay quiet) The super turbos are 39.99 each at Murrays, and are quiet. You can buy tails from www.50resto.com, or www.summitracing.com and you can also buy the flow tubes to peice the exhaust together and save money. I have the Super Turbos on my Cobra. Nobody turns their head when I hit the gas, it stays very quiet.

Anyways...that BMW blue is badass too!!! It even matches the interior closer than Sonic Blue....oh man, I feel the the pain of the paint choices.

It sucks! I'm really up in the air with color, fairly set on FR500 rims :nice:

If you stay drum out back, and "stock up front"...you do mean 94+ brakes right? Because you wanted to swap to 5 lug, correct? If so, get the Ranger rear axles. I think I PMed you the interchange a while ago.

Yes you did PM me the part #'s i have them for the ranger axles. When i ment stock up front yes i ment 94+ brakes. I can use a stock MC and booster from a fox v8 for those? then i won't have to modify much?

Emissions: I have an off-road H-pipe, all the emmission stuff, but I don't have the pipe from the smog pump to the H pipe hooked up. I should take off all the tubes next to the header. The peice on the H pipe is welded shut, and the pipe from the smog pump to the H pipe is hanging open. I do not have a Check Engine Light, and the car runs fine.

I think that the entire smog system needs to be in place for it to function properly. I think i can get away with no hooking up those sensors on the passenger side rear of the engine compartment as well as the EGR sensor.. i think maybe i'll just plug them in just not have them hooked to any vac lines. I want to pass smog, so i need to have a catted H pipe. I already have an off-road one sitting in my backyard from my past 86 stang.

Budget H pipe, is an offroad H by Hedman or however you spell it....and DynoMax Super Turbo Mufflers...(to stay quiet) The super turbos are 39.99 each at Murrays, and are quiet. You can buy tails from www.50resto.com, or www.summitracing.com and you can also buy the flow tubes to peice the exhaust together and save money. I have the Super Turbos on my Cobra. Nobody turns their head when I hit the gas, it stays very quiet.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to search craigs list for a used catback.. if nothing comes up, i'll just pickup a MAC cat back and BBK catted H pipe. I want her to be on the quieter side but sound kinda mean when i get on her hehe :nice: I know a guy who can weld up the exhaust for me if i need it so i may go the budget route. But since i'm cutting things short on some areas (brakes, interior etc) i may be able to pick up a new exhaust. I really like the flowmaster 3inch tubes that 25th had mocked to his car. it gives the car the effect of an IRS however i'm going to lower it a bit and i don't want to scrape!