Uh oh...I just bought another TURBO :D

Ahhhha!

I figured it would be a DSM car after thinking about it.

Looks pretty clean, nice 6 banger Stang wheels on it, lol.

Is that your old GT in the backround in one of those pics?!

Say hello to crank-walk, well, hopefully not, address that while the motor is apart and have fun having full traction on a redline launch... ROAR!!!

:D

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds good. The DSM's without the cursid crank walk are bad little mothers. They are real stout stock and as you will prove with aftermarket parts are even tougher.

I went to look at/testdrive a Talon TSi (last gen) before I got my Stang (I was tired of Stang hunting at this point) but the dealer had it "in the shop" for two weeks and blew me off every time I checked on it... So I didnt care anymore and continued my Stang hunt, lol.

I figured it would be a DSM once the hint of AWD, 4cyl, and 8500 rpms came up.
Traction may not be a problem, but breaking driveline parts may be. How will you build the driveline up to handle the power?
And what displacement will the engine be?

So I called DSM, what do I win Cody? lol... I know LOTS of DSM guys, they are quick cars and will run a number for sure! ...that is...when they are running :rlaugh: Honestly though, I think I know maybe 10 guys with FAST (under 11.5) DSM's and 8/10 of them are broken 7-8 months a year :nice:

I figured it would be a DSM once the hint of AWD, 4cyl, and 8500 rpms came up.
Traction may not be a problem, but breaking driveline parts may be. How will you build the driveline up to handle the power?
And what displacement will the engine be?

Well im going to put a stout clutch in it :nice: LOL...it has the 4 bolt rearend, so the only realy weak point is the transmission. No high RPM drops in 1st gear for this car....its just going to be daily driven 90% highway.
2.0L block bored .020 over...8.5-1 compression.

If you are gonna run Mustang rims, you could at least pick better looking ones!!

These babys are FREE...came off my dads 00 V6. Ill change them when I can find some lighter rims for cheap. Im not going for looks in this car...all about being light as I can. Thats for 2 things. 1st that means it will get better milage. 2nd that means it will be faster. :)

So I called DSM, what do I win Cody? lol... I know LOTS of DSM guys, they are quick cars and will run a number for sure! ...that is...when they are running :rlaugh: Honestly though, I think I know maybe 10 guys with FAST (under 11.5) DSM's and 8/10 of them are broken 7-8 months a year :nice:

A big grin? :D :rlaugh:

Thing is, MOST owners beat the everliving CRAP out of these cars. Atleast all the owners I know haha. People LOVE doing clutch dropping in them, and usually thats where the parts breakage comes from....lots of stress. They also have small problems that are annoying, and people put them up until they can fix the issues.
In anycase they have HUGE followings on very active forums....so if something happens, chances are its already been documented. Ill also be buying a Haynes manual :D

If you stay away from constant high RPM clutch drops you'll be fine, IMO.

Alot of people give them a bad rep because they break from that kind of abuse, but what do you expect when you dump a clutch from 7k under boost and all 4 tires hook...!?!

thats sweet man those things can be pretty crazy

i was looking into building a 3rd gen rx7 about a month ago. my roommate has one and its pretty nasty. just exhaust work and weight reduction got him an 8.1 in the 1/8th on street tires.