uh oh. knocking/ticking sound from engine

95 yellow 5 0

Founding Member
Feb 16, 2002
CT
pretty sure it's not a piston knock but it def is something.
i did go over my oil change by about 400 miles and i do drive a little hard sometimes... anyway, i notice this sound all of a sudden coming from the passenger side of the engine. from who i've asked they think it is a rocker arm or lifter clapping a little bit? not really sure waht to do. one friend thinks it needs a tune up. changed the oil this morning and added lucas oil into it too. it isnt too bad if you go easy with it. but the noise comes as the foot touches teh pedal and almost echoes it when as i let off. never had a problem with engine before. 56300 miles or so on it now. andddd of course i had put it in the local papers to try and sell it, thank god no one has come/called to see it yet. i really need to get $14400 for the car. how much would a problem like this cost to fix? if it was a valve or something, is it worth changing them all when the valve covers are off and doing that thing in MM&FF magazine with the valve lift upgrade and springs for like 60hp or something. i mean i dont wanna dump anymore money into the car. if i do i'll end up installing the 4.10s, etc. which i wanted to use on an 03/04 mach 1 or saleen sc if i found the right car. i can't believe i didn't check my oil sooner and was a total douche bag. help me out with any suggestions !!! :nonono: :eek:

• Sponsors (?)

COBRA90GT said:
What was your oil level BEFORE you changed the oil? I'm guessing it was a little low... :shrug:

yes, very low. can't even believe i did this. never have forgotten about the oil like that before. my synthetic looked black when i checked it. added 2 quarts and immediately the noise was quieter. did the oil change the next morning and it's better but i still don't like that noise.