-- Ultimate Mustang Traction In Rain Guide --

NeQX

Founding Member
Sep 30, 2002
Infront Of You, NY
Ok guys if your stang is a daily driver like mine, and you wanna know about some rain traction here is what I have experienced

First of all I run 255/50/16 bfg dr's on rear, and dunlop 225's sp5000 on front

traction wasn't too bad at all around town and in rain with 40psi in all tires (I am a gas milage whore)...then came in the drag racing suspension parts

with stock shocks/moroso drag springs traction was still pretty decent on wet roads and weather

now once I put in comp engineering 3way adjustable, set at 50/50, along with my moroso springs and drag radials rain driving is well how do I say....HELL, in the rain tonight doing about 30mph car wants to swirve all over the place

I am thinking maybe street tires will help me get better traction in rain, but damn tonight's driving in rain was horrible all I can say is stock shocks aren't damn bad at all, did a 12.40 with them in and car was very nice in all weather providing you drive good

So if you want good traction in all weather, drag radials aren't even that bad...stock shocks are good, and drag springs will only hurt you a lil in bad weather...but def. those CE 50/50's are ruining my traction, I hope they pay off next pass at track

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Rule # 1 shoud be: Keep your foot out of the throttle!

I'm rolling on Pep Boys rock-hard tires with blown rear shocks, 2.73s, and everything in my sig and rain is no problem. Light snow(by SoCal standards, not Fargo or Buffalo...) isnt even that bad.

Tire make all the difference.

When i got my car and it was stock, i had the stock goodyear eagles on it and was afraid to drive the car in the rain.

Now the car is a full second faster but i've changed tires to tires that perform well in the rain and i have no problems at all. It's been raining all week and i've been on the highway and running around like crazy.