*** Ultra Rare 1967 Mustang? , Please help

• Sponsors (?)

mfp4073 said:
I remember reading some years back about a shelby that was made as a prototype with an IRS. Just a thought, many people use the term cobra and shebly interchangably (those that are not in the hobby). Could it have been one of those test cars? Mustang monthly had an artical about the one that I remember. I believe it was a dark green 67 fastback.

actually it was a dark green coupe, it was nicknamed the green hornet.

chepsk8 said:
If I recall correctly, the only Mustang to have it was the prototype 1968 Shelby GT-500EXP, which had the IRS and FI.

That car has re-surfaced.

didn't the red 67 coupe have the irs fitted at one point as well? i was pretty sure it had it as well. i believe it was nick named big red.

chepie, do you have any info about some 69 gt 350's that were experimental cars and were fitted with the conelec injection system?

I checked my Magazine stash and this is what I found.

"Early in the goings. Ford developed independent rear suspension for the Mustang using three test muels: Nos. 5F07F100023, 5F07F100024, AND 5F07F100031. This development program was later cancelled, but at least one of these test musles survives in the Pacific Northwest; the VIN is unknown."

If I had to guess I would say that these were coups and certainly pre '67 cars. The only Shelbys I saw any mention of with the IRS were on some of the competition GT-350's like SFM5R001 and from the looks of the picture in the article this is a pre '67 car.

W.

67Sally said:
I checked my Magazine stash and this is what I found.

"Early in the goings. Ford developed independent rear suspension for the Mustang using three test muels: Nos. 5F07F100023, 5F07F100024, AND 5F07F100031. This development program was later cancelled, but at least one of these test musles survives in the Pacific Northwest; the VIN is unknown."

If I had to guess I would say that these were coups and certainly pre '67 cars. The only Shelbys I saw any mention of with the IRS were on some of the competition GT-350's like SFM5R001 and from the looks of the picture in the article this is a pre '67 car.

W.

the article i remember was of the car in the link i posted, the "Green Hornet". i'm almost positive that "L'il Red" had the IRS as well.