Uncut stock piston shortblock 330rwhp combo

Well a few people wanted me to make a new thread so here it is..

The combination was

- AFR 165 heads with Jay Allen spec valve springs
- Comp Pro Magnum roller rockers (real light weight on the valve side)
- Edelbrock Performer intake with the lower runners ported to match the heads
- Jay Allen custom grind camshaft
- 70mm Edelbrock TB
- 76mm C&L CAI
- 24lb injectors
- BBK shorty headers
- Summit racing 2.5" O/R H pipe
- Flowmaster American Thunder catback dumped
- BBK Aluminum UD pulleys with no smog pump
- 3.73 gears

- NX nozzle nitrous kit with a 100 shot @ 950psi

0224090041.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

you sir, have set my new benchmark. Seems like a good combination!
Nice numbers with the happy juice btw:nice:
I'm going to assume this is with a good tune? any untuned numbers?

Yea the tune was alittle aggressive and in summer time I have slight detonation so I had to back off a degree of timing. When we first strapped it down the car made 242rwhp I believe then it jumped to 27x then to 323 then to 328rwhp.

Not to take away from the combo since its really nice, but a Mustang dyno would make those numbers seem a bit less impressive. I am used to mustang dyno numbers that is why I say this.

Also, GTJake put down 325 rwhp with the standard AFR 165 FTI combo a couple years back. Dunno what ever happened to that guy.

Not to take away from the combo since its really nice, but a Mustang dyno would make those numbers seem a bit less impressive. I am used to mustang dyno numbers that is why I say this.

Also, GTJake put down 325 rwhp with the standard AFR 165 FTI combo a couple years back. Dunno what ever happened to that guy.

Actually if both dynos are calibrated right there should be little change at all.

I would add that pull was done with a sae NOT standard dyno cal

Grady

Well ... For one thing ... it takes driver skill or lack of it ... out of the pic

Like strip et's & mph values ... trends can be seen with the dyno :)

Grady

Like what values? Just let the dyno operator know what kinda numbers you are expecting and let him adjust the dyno accordingly. The only thing the dyno should be used for is let you know where to shift and AF ratio.