undercoating and suggestions on this shortblock setup

TrophyHead

15 Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
PA
What kind of undercoating did you guys used for rust prevention? Also what should I stay away from when spraying? Should I clean everything really good before I spray it? Any info would be great.

How does this look for a daily driven stang that wants to eat LS1's all day long. Might take a little while but Im getting a stock 5.0 HO out of a Mark IV really soon.

302 deck and lined bored 30. over. Anything else here?
Eagle forged steel crank
steel H-beam rods
JE 10.5:1 froged flattop pistons
D.D.S main stud gridle
Moroso oil pan deep rear sump 7 quarts
windage tray
high volume oil pump

Any suggestions I should change? I'm gonna do the bottom first and then later do the top end. And just drop the complete motor in and go. I'm staying NA. AFR 165's, Ed Curtis custom cam and RPM 2 intake. Will this get me into the 11's fairly easily? Thanks just want to get everything set before I start buying.

• Sponsors (?)

I undercoat my Mustang every year. In fact, I get the whole car rust proofed, not just the undercarriage.

Make sure you get the "oil based" spray and not the "tar-like" stuff.
The tar-like stuff is bad if you get a chip from rocks underneith the car, they creats pockets in the tar. These pockets form between the tar and the metal of the car and moisture can get trapped in there and slowly rust out the underside of your car. The oil is just that, oil, and it leaves a slimy coat under the car and repells water real good. Go to www.krown.com for better detailed info. That's who I use. I don't know if they are where you are at though.