underdrive question

• Sponsors (?)

If you have underdrive pullys I and the charge light is coming on I would not assume that the altenator is going out. Depending on the type of pullys and what kind of set up you are running you may be able to run the underdrive pullys with no issues but I had nothing but problems with mine. The car wanted to stall at almost every stop light and I would not even think about trying to drive it at night with the lights on, it would cut out at every stop unless I kept the rpms up coming to a stop. I checked out my altenator and battery and both were fine. I took off the underdrive pullys, went back to stock and have had no issues since. Some solve the issue by upgrading the altenator to a larger output, but it was not worth the hassle and price for me for the extra few hp.

If you have underdrive pullys I and the charge light is coming on I would not assume that the altenator is going out. Depending on the type of pullys and what kind of set up you are running you may be able to run the underdrive pullys with no issues but I had nothing but problems with mine. The car wanted to stall at almost every stop light and I would not even think about trying to drive it at night with the lights on, it would cut out at every stop unless I kept the rpms up coming to a stop. I checked out my altenator and battery and both were fine. I took off the underdrive pullys, went back to stock and have had no issues since. Some solve the issue by upgrading the altenator to a larger output, but it was not worth the hassle and price for me for the extra few hp.

Maybe the problem but I'm not sure.. This a car i am looking at buying so... It has a better than factory alt on it I am told aka 95 5.0 alt. Fox body cars are new to me so I don't know all the ins and outs.