underhood question?

ppartain

Jan 7, 2009
can anybody tell me what the little cannister and 2 plug in things are under the passenger side hood hinge on a fox? it has a large plug that was never hooked up the whole time ive had the car. im thinking smog or emissions related? i am trying to clean up the engine bay for paint before installing my new engine. any help would be appreciated. does any of this complete a circuit that would cause me any other problem? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

the only thing off the top off my head are 2 vac solenoids for the egr and diverter valve for air pump which you might not have anymore. The only other thing I can think off that is over there is the a/c accumulator if you still have a/c in the car.

im thinking it was for the air pump. there was a large plug that hanged down close to the passenger side header that was never hooked up. i have no a/c or air pump. nothing but the water pump and alt. any idea on removing the 3 air bag sensors permenatly? my air bag light has always blinked in the dash, im assuming the fuse if it had one is pulled?

I'm not really big on removing safety items + I'm not versed in doing it but I have heard you have to hunt down the buzzer that will drive you nuts. The codes can be read ( blinking bag light) and easily fixed, well in a manner of speaking. I had mine blinking and found a cracked clockspring (common) picked one up used from prestige and it's fine. here is the link all the air bag info and codes you should need to help out.

Mustang 1992 Air Bag Diagnostic Codes