Uneeded wires in engine bay (show engines come on in)

Saleen8786

Oct 7, 2003
Marlton, NJ
Hey guys im gonna start entering my car into shows and all. I would like to know what wires or things i can take out to make it much cleaner, Which lines can have braided lines for or even hiding wires. Just like to see or know how the show engine people have their engines and what they did. Heres my motor as of now no smog or power steering(keeping the a/c) and the battery is going to the back.

P.s the red line along the firewall is hooked to the amplifire(owner before me did it :nonono:)
DSC05628.sized.jpg

DSC05627.sized.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like someone did a little bit of a job hiding your wires already. You could definately take that big snake of wires on the passenger side and put it in the fenderwell....same for the drivers.

tunedin302 said:
Looks like someone did a little bit of a job hiding your wires already. You could definately take that big snake of wires on the passenger side and put it in the fenderwell....same for the drivers.

how would i go about putting the big snake wires into the fenderwell. Do i have to take both passenger and driverside fenders off??? I've never done this so your talkin to a rookie. thanks for your help guys :nice:

Saleen8786 said:
how would i go about putting the big snake wires into the fenderwell. Do i have to take both passenger and driverside fenders off??? I've never done this so your talkin to a rookie. thanks for your help guys :nice:

You dont need to take the fenders off. Just unhook everything(marked) and re-route them. Its kinda more a go for it and learn deal then explain. Try it and them come back and ask how to run this or what does this connect to.

Black 93 Fox said:
You dont need to take the fenders off. Just unhook everything(marked) and re-route them. Its kinda more a go for it and learn deal then explain. Try it and them come back and ask how to run this or what does this connect to.

This is a timely topic for me as my motor is out for a rebuild and I have a week to do my "hide the wires" job. I was planning on doing this anyway, just so happend my motor went south last week. Anyway, I assume you took the wheel well covers off to route the wires behind the fender? IMO it is either that or remove the fenders (don't really like this option). I am no longer FI and can get rid of a ton of wires anyway. Should just be the relay, coil, distributor, elec fan, and lights left after I get done.

Yes I took the fender liners out. I havent even put them back in and dont really plan to. You can look at the link in my sig (updated) page 5 and it shows how I ran some of the wires. Since your not Fuel Injected any more you are right about getting rid of a ton of wires. Just make sure you wrap the wires good so if they do rub a little they wont get cut into.

Saleen8786 said:

I'm a little late in getting back .... but do as stated above: take out your inner fender liners (this can be the toughest part in some cases), run the wires from the firewall into the rear fenderwell, and then you will have to solder them and extend them to go back to there designated connections in the engine compartment. Some you can completely relocate into the fenderwell, such as the coil. In my case, I also have the mass air re-located in the fenderwell so those wires do not have to re-enter the engine compartment. Good luck.

tunedin302 said:
I'm a little late in getting back .... but do as stated above: take out your inner fender liners (this can be the toughest part in some cases), run the wires from the firewall into the rear fenderwell, and then you will have to solder them and extend them to go back to there designated connections in the engine compartment. Some you can completely relocate into the fenderwell, such as the coil. In my case, I also have the mass air re-located in the fenderwell so those wires do not have to re-enter the engine compartment. Good luck.
i am thinking about hiding my wires, do you have any pictures of how you did your mass wire hiding so that you dont see them re enter the engine compartment.

89sleeper said:
Heres how mine ended up.
581377_113_full.jpg

581377_111_full.jpg
:nice:
thank you for the pictures of how yours looks.
is the black wire i see coming out of the round hole on the passengerside fender the wire that goes to the maf?
did you paint your engine bay with white paint and not the same paint as the car because the engine bay seems to be a diferent color than your fender?