unemployment

310stanger

Aug 15, 2006
Anyone ever been on it? I jus applied for it for the first time after gettin laid off from my job as a Ford tech. I could go out and get another job pretty easily but decided with spring coming ill take a break and collect my money that I paid into anyways. But in doing this I also realized that they make going on unemployment and collecting a real serious pain in the ass? Maybe its jus me or its jus the way the state handles it but I almost think I wanna jus go get a job. Also for the guys that may have gone on unemployment how did it effect taxes? I havent filed for 2006 yet and Im wondering how unemployment would effect this? Or does it get tacked on to 2007?

• Sponsors (?)

I used to be in the electricians union and whenever a shop would lay me off, i'd go right on unemployment. It was great getting paid to stay at home. My advice is definatly take taxes out of it. Every once in a while I would have to go down to the NYS dept of labor, they would have these meetings with the people collecting and it basically showed them tips how to get a job. I never had to stay for the meeting, i'd just have to go down, flash my union card and I could leave :D Because I was getting my employment through a union hiring hall so it was their job to find me work, until they did, I sat home collecting :) Anothert tip, when you finally are able to collect and have to "order" your check every week, do it online, its MUCH faster and easier ;)

I used to be in the electricians union and whenever a shop would lay me off, i'd go right on unemployment. It was great getting paid to stay at home. My advice is definatly take taxes out of it. Every once in a while I would have to go down to the NYS dept of labor, they would have these meetings with the people collecting and it basically showed them tips how to get a job. I never had to stay for the meeting, i'd just have to go down, flash my union card and I could leave :D Because I was getting my employment through a union hiring hall so it was their job to find me work, until they did, I sat home collecting :) Anothert tip, when you finally are able to collect and have to "order" your check every week, do it online, its MUCH faster and easier ;)
Good tips, on the application I told them to take the taxes out figuring I wouldnt have to deal with it later. I applied online like monday how long before I get my packets in the mail normally?

You should get info quickly. You'll get info and it'll tell you how much you can get IF you qualify for unemployment. Just read through the paper work when you get it. Good luck ;)

What state are you in? In Ohio you have to be out of work without pay for one week before it kicks in then its limited, no more than 50% or u weekly pay or capped my household size. For better job security, try a chevy dealership (little joke to lighten your mood)...good luck

What state are you in? In Ohio you have to be out of work without pay for one week before it kicks in then its limited, no more than 50% or u weekly pay or capped my household size. For better job security, try a chevy dealership (little joke to lighten your mood)...good luck
State of New Jersey. Wow at least I aint in Ohio. lol Theres places hiring local right now that im almost thinking I should jus go apply because I dont wanna vacation for a month and then have them not be there and then have to commute. Theres techs I know that drive over an hour to come to work. Thats not for me at all.