Unique accessory belt routing. I need help!

LXRACR

Apr 15, 2000
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been messing with belt routing and poor alternator function for too long, I need help! I have a mustang fox body (1992) with a 351 w and a Novi 2000 blower. I have the modified blower mount bracket to fit the windsor. All I have is the alternator to run. I have an electric water pump and no a/c, smog pump or power steering. I have the alternator mounted in typical fashion under the blower. I have a smog pump delete pulley kit above it as I can't find a belt short enough to eliminate this. I use a slotted bracket to pivot the alternator enough to tighten the belt. The belt squeals and creates black dust (probably misaligned), the wrap isn't good enough around the alternator pulley and I get poor voltage. How the heck can I fix this? I have nothing on the drivers side head, but March, etc. don't make a mounting kit to relocate the alternator to the driver side head..Any ideas? Thanks in advance! :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)